Need standard c library source code

Post by Kurt Wal » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Where can I obtain the source code for the standard and and c++ libraries, so
> I can make a static linking object library. I have the object library for
> dynamic linking which I guess I must have got as an RPM from somewhere, but
> now I need the static linking version.

Probably from ftp.gnu.org, but I have no idea of where in the directory
tree to look.  I'm surprised, though, that you don't have shared stubs
(*.sa) somewhere on your disk...

Kurt

Post by David E. Fo » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>Probably from ftp.gnu.org, but I have no idea of where in the directory
>tree to look.  I'm surprised, though, that you don't have shared stubs
>(*.sa) somewhere on your disk...

He probably needs the *.a components, but they should already exist on the
system. *.sa is an anachronism from the days of a.out binary formats and are no
longer needed on Linux, unless of course it's an a.out library.

If you need the sources for libc and libc++ you should be able to find them,
f.e ., in sunsite at pub/Linux/GCC.

 >Kurt

David E. Fox                 Tax              Thanks for letting me

1. Where to find the source code for the standard C library function gmatch?

Hello All

I wonder if anyone have knowledge of the existence of the source code for
the gmatch function in the standard C library function on a UNIX system:

Here is a snapshot of the man page for gmatch:

C Library Functions                                    gmatch(3G)

NAME
     gmatch - shell global pattern matching

SYNOPSIS
     cc [ flag ... ] file ...  -lgen [ library ... ]

     #include <libgen.h>

     int gmatch(const char *str, const char *pattern);

DESCRIPTION
     gmatch()  checks  whether  the  null-terminated  string  str
     matches the null-terminated pattern string pattern.  See the
     sh(1) section File Name Generation for a discussion of  pat-
     tern matching.  A backslash (\) is used as an escape charac-
     ter in pattern strings.

RETURN VALUES
     gmatch() returns non-zero if the pattern matches the string,
     zero if the pattern does not.

EXAMPLE
     In the following example, gmatch() returns  non-zero  (true)
     for all strings with "a" or "-" as their last character.
          char *s;
          gmatch (s, "*[a\-]" )

ATTRIBUTES
     See attributes(5) for descriptions of the  following  attri-
     butes:

     __________________________________
    | ATTRIBUTE TYPE|  ATTRIBUTE VALUE|
    |__________________________________
    | MT-Level      |  MT-Safe        |
    |_______________|_________________|

SEE ALSO
     sh(1), attributes(5)

NOTES
     When compiling  multi-thread  applications,  the  _REENTRANT
     flag  must be defined on the compile line.  This flag should
     only be used in multi-thread applications.

SunOS 5.6           Last change: 29 Dec 1996                    1

Regards,
Peter
______________________________________

 Peter Guldborg Jensen
 ADS Division - Rum 4B 1.33

 TERMA Elektronik AS
 Hovmarken 4-6 - DK-8520 Lystrup
 Tlf.: 8743 6000 - Fax: 8743 6001
______________________________________

2. Netscape 4.61 Problem with Desktop ...

3. FREE books, standards, specifications, source code, and more

4. Can't run examples from LKMPG

5. Sys V Semaphores vs. POSIX Semaphores??

6. Linux in a multi-processing environment

7. Source code for standard UNIX utilities?

8. standard library source?

9. Socket library source code

10. Unix commands and libraries source code!

11. Source code for gethostbyname library function