perl installed, cgi-lib.pl missing, How do i get cgi-lib.pl?

perl installed, cgi-lib.pl missing, How do i get cgi-lib.pl?

Post by John Cutte » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

please help me on this..
It is redhat 4.1
perl is on the machine, but the cgi-lib file is missing down in the cgi-bin
dir...

Post by Robert Lync » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> please help me on this..
> It is redhat 4.1
> perl is on the machine, but the cgi-lib file is missing down in the cgi-bin
> dir...

The reason is probably that you have the latest, Perl5 installed.
cgi-lib.pl is old stuff, Perl4.  You should be using Perl5's CGI.pm
module.

Got to admit that I'm still puzzling over Perl5; I just uploaded a copy
of the cgi-lib.pl I use, ftp it from:

ftp://shell3.ba.best.com/pub/rm*/Perl_Stuff/

Hope this helps.

Bob L.
--

http://www.veryComputer.com/~rm*/

1. Perl CGI-LIB.PL

Hi
anyone knows how i can put the senders email in the sender tag.
When i generate a mail with sendmail in my CGI the
sender in the mail will be daemon ( the user running http)
I would like to have the form senders email. I use a reply in my mail
program. I have a input for email adresse.

Odd Magne

2. Paintshop Pro-Like Paint Program for Linux?

3. web file uploading via cgi-lib.pl and/or CGI.pm

4. abort signal

5. What's more secure cgi-lib.pl or CGI.pm?

6. HELP: Install Linux for SUN IPC from FTP

7. Problems with Enterprise with cgi-lib.pl & fup.*

8. cvs commit: ports/java Makefile ports/java/forte Makefile distinfo (fwd)

9. POSSIBLE BUG with cgi-lib.pl and HTTP_COOKIE

10. HELP - problem with cgi-lib.pl

11. C CGI library. Equivelent of PERL's CGI-LIB.PL

12. CGI exec access for .cgi .pl etc. (CERN)

13. Using .cgi/.pl to enable CGI script in Apache