LILO w/& System Commander?

Post by William Charles La chapell » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Linux and Windows NT on a system for a friend who
uses System Commander.  Unfortunately he 'can't seem to find his
documentation' for System Commander.  Just poke'n around in the on-line
help I've been able to reinstall and find Windows 3.1, Windows 95,
Windows NT and set-up a seperate MSDOS 7 boot just fine.  The Linux I'm
installing uses LILO and boots fine from a floppy, or if I install LILO
on the primary partition of the first hard disk (circumventing System
Commander); but I can't get System Commander to find Linux/LILO.  In fact
System Commander can't even see the second physical hard disk; Linux is
installed to a primary partition on the second physical disk
ultimately I'd like to reinstall it to the extended patrition of the
second harddisk.  SCIN and SCDISK just don't see this drive since I
installed Linux on it...   The only mention of Linux in the on-line help
indicates that System Commander has to be configured to 'boot through
the MBR' and 'launch the MBR', see the manual for details, pages...
System Commander can't even see the second physical hard disk; Linux is
installed to a primary partition on the second physical disk na
ultimately I'd like to reinstall it to the extended patrition of the
second harddisk.  SCIN and SCDISK just don't see this drive since I
installed Linux on it...   The only mention of Linux in the on-line help
indicates that System Commander has to be configured to 'boot through
the MBR' and 'launch the MBR', see the manual for details, pages...

I've doinked arround forever and seem to have tried everything (except
whatever works) would sure appreciate some help!

Thanks for reading this far!

Will

1. LILO & System Commander woes

Hi,
I recently added System Commander 2000 to my system which has Debian
installed. The issue I'm having is that when I choose Debian from the
boot menu it never gets past LILO, the machine just stops. Does anyone
have any suggestions that might help me ?? It would be greatly
appreciated.

-thanks
James

to reply by email remove the spam

2. Realtek 8139

3. Using LILO & System Commander

4. Help mount NTFS under FreeBSD

5. ld troubles, compiling

6. System Commander & LILO?

7. RFA (req 4 asst): kernel build

8. Using LILO & System Commander

9. System Commander problems (was Re: Possible to boot freebsd from system commander?)

10. Booting using lilo and system commander

11. System Commander vs Boot Manager vs Lilo

12. Lilo and System Commander