vt420

Post by Herve Delma » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for  at VT420 terminal emulator . I tryied to configure
xterm to emulate a VT420 terminal  but I did not success. Any Idea?

vt420

Post by T.E.Dicke » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I am looking for  at VT420 terminal emulator . I tryied to configure
> xterm to emulate a VT420 terminal  but I did not success. Any Idea?

XFree86 xterm emulates a vt220 - which may be adequate, maybe not.

Why do you need a vt420?  (I know the differences, but don't know of
any Unix applications which require them).

--
Thomas E.*ey

http://www.veryComputer.com/

vt420

Post by Herve Delma » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> > I am looking for  at VT420 terminal emulator . I tryied to configure
> > xterm to emulate a VT420 terminal  but I did not success. Any Idea?

> XFree86 xterm emulates a vt220 - which may be adequate, maybe not.

> Why do you need a vt420?  (I know the differences, but don't know of
> any Unix applications which require them).

    I need to log on a VMS computer which is possible with a VT220
emulator but for some applications running on the VMS platform I need a
VT420  capability.

1. VT420, Session management, Emacs

I just wired up a VT420 to my linux box. I made a complete nullmodem cable
and it even logs me out when I switch the terminal off.

However, there are a few issues:

 - The VT420 supports several simultanous sessions. I believe this is
   something like the screen program, but done natively in the terminal.
   Am I right and is there a way I can make use of this?

- I've set up everything to use Xon/Xoff and it works well. But as soon
  as I start emacs, this beast turns of xon/xoff because it wants to use
  ^S as a command key. What can I do against this?

- I would like to use the Alt key as Meta key in emacs. Can this be done?

- I am looking for tools which can make use of the enhanced and/or more
  obfuscated features of the terminal.

- A code list would be very nice. I've got a VT100 manual, but the 420 surely
  does more... Is there some online documentation somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
  Olav

--

     PGP fingerprint = 06 5F 66 B3  2A AD 7D 2D  B7 19 67 3C  95 A7 9D AF
     But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay:    -- Matthew 5:37

2. DOSEMU and NT

3. TERMCAP entry for DEC vt420 or vt400 series terminal

4. changing permissions to a mount point

5. Help setting up a VT420 under Linux

6. Q:solaris x86

7. Connecting VT420 terminal to a Linux host

8. When did jmp_buf defn change?

9. Question on DEC VT420 terminal

10. VT420 on RedHAt 7.2

11. Terminfo info for VT420 Term.

12. Setting up DEC VT420 Terminal (second session)

13. vt420 keymapping help.