Mounting msdos filesystems and FAT32

Post by samur » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I wish to mount my c: drive under linux to facilitate file transfers between
my windows 98 and linux (redhat 5.1) systems. I use the command

mount -t msdos /dev/hda1 /dos with no joy getting the error message
'MSDOS FS Rel 12 FAT 16 ------------------parameters ---------------------
VFS: Can't find a valid MSDOS filestsem on dev 03:01
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1 or too many
mounted filesystems'

I have tried VFAT and -o conv=auto in the command line. I can mount other
filesystems (linux), have tried mmount which doesn't appear to do anything.
This works on my win 95 pc at home which leads me to believe it is a FAT32
problem. Does anyone know? Presumably a FAT32 mount binary/source exists out
there. Is Redhat 5.2 FAT32 compliant?

samuri

1. Can I use msdos or vfat file type to mount a fat32 dos partition?

Hello everyone,
I just installed Redhat 5.1 on a seperate disk on a machine with Windows
95, which is installed on the original disk with one large fat32
partition. My question is do I need a special module installed to mount
the fat32 file system, or can I use msdos or vfat (I tried both which
seem to work, but I don't want to take a chance on messing up the dos
side with the wrong fs type.

So far, I haven't been able to find the answer here or at the redhat
site, any information will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Steve.

2. More problems due to /var.

3. Mounting FAT32 MSDOS partition...

4. Help with fonts on openwin 3.3

5. Trouble mounting FAT32 msdos partition...

6. Announce: modutils 2.4.20 is available

7. Mount With MSDOS / FAT32 Question

8. LOOK WHAT THEY DONE TO MY SCREEN ..>1.1.12 and no video sync

9. Unable to mount msdos filesystem.

10. Mounting msdos-filesystem rw for all users

11. a question about mount MSDOS filesystem

12. UMSDOS root filesystem gets mounted as MSDOS

13. Can't mount MSDOS filesystem