LILO removal problem

Post by J. Clause » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Please tell me how to get rid of LILO. Here's the situation:

Master HD has DOS 6.2 and Win 3.1. I plan to *un*install LINUX from my
slave HD (it's the only thing on it) by "writing zeros to disk" using
Western Digital's EZ-Drive utility. That leaves me with LILO
on the master HD.

I wish to keep DOS/Win3.1 on the master HD and reactivate my
PartitionMagic boot partition to
allow booting to DOS on HD1 and Win98 on HD2.

Thanks for any help.

J. Clausen

LILO removal problem

Post by John Bauma » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

boot with a boot disk and type in:
fdisk /mbr

I believe that that will get rid of LILO

>Please tell me how to get rid of LILO. Here's the situation:

>Master HD has DOS 6.2 and Win 3.1. I plan to *un*install LINUX from my
>slave HD (it's the only thing on it) by "writing zeros to disk" using
>Western Digital's EZ-Drive utility. That leaves me with LILO
>on the master HD.

>I wish to keep DOS/Win3.1 on the master HD and reactivate my
>PartitionMagic boot partition to
>allow booting to DOS on HD1 and Win98 on HD2.

>Thanks for any help.

>J. Clausen

LILO removal problem

Post by Leonard Even » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Please tell me how to get rid of LILO. Here's the situation:

> Master HD has DOS 6.2 and Win 3.1. I plan to *un*install LINUX from my
> slave HD (it's the only thing on it) by "writing zeros to disk" using
> Western Digital's EZ-Drive utility. That leaves me with LILO
> on the master HD.

> I wish to keep DOS/Win3.1 on the master HD and reactivate my
> PartitionMagic boot partition to
> allow booting to DOS on HD1 and Win98 on HD2.

> Thanks for any help.

> J. Clausen

Look at the lilo man page and consider using lilo -u to remove
lilo and replace it with what was originally in the sector to
which the lilo boot loader was installed.  But this could get
confusing if you have run lilo several times, so that is why
you should study the documentation.  Do this before you wipe
out linux.

LILO removal problem

Post by Gerald Willman » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

[...]

Quote:> I wish to keep DOS/Win3.1 on the master HD and reactivate my
> PartitionMagic boot partition to
> allow booting to DOS on HD1 and Win98 on HD2.

go and ask your friendly neighborhood monopolist

  Gerald

--

LILO removal problem

Post by Daniel Hau » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:29:29 GMT,

Quote:> boot with a boot disk and type in:
> fdisk /mbr

A DOS boot disk.

--
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
 way to factor large prime numbers."   -- Bill Gates, "The Road Ahead"

1. Removal of LILO

I know this has been asked before, how do you remove LILO???

--
BJD

       ICQ
====\/====
   7326105
====/\====

REMEMBER TO REMOVE NOSPAM

2. Xdm and the $PATH variable

3. LILO HD removal

4. Redhat 6.2 Souund Blaster PCI 128 Problem

5. LILO loader Removal

6. Apache to use login/passord

7. Removal of Lilo...

8. Unix Command