COMMERCIAL: Xi Graphics Releases Standardized GUI for Linux

COMMERCIAL: Xi Graphics Releases Standardized GUI for Linux

Post by Gerald Waug » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Debbie
Why are you sending a PGP SIGNED MESSAGE to a newsgroup??? It's MESSY!!!
And women think they are smarter than men!!! <wry-grin>
Gerald

Post by s. keeli » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Debbie
> Why are you sending a PGP SIGNED MESSAGE to a newsgroup??? It's MESSY!!!

If you looked carefully enough, you might have noticed it was signed
by the moderator of c.o.l.announce

Quote:> And women think they are smarter than men!!! <wry-grin>

I think you should consider taking that attitude problem to your
favourite therapist.

1. COMMERCIAL: Xi Graphics Announces 3D Hardware Support. Now.

We here at Xi Graphics are proud to annouce that hardware 3D
acceleration is finally reality for Intel x86 based Linux/UNIX desktop
computers.

As of today (12Oct98) our technology demo is available for
developers. This is a "proof of concept" type release that allows
qualified developers to get early access to the technology. It's
currently in a fairly raw state and would not pass the conformance
test suites, but is way faster than any other compareable solution out
there (well, guess there is no other HW 3D for Linux/UNIX otherwise).
We are doing this to give you developers out there opportunity for
feedback and get a glimps of what you can do in your applications with
todays hardware.

On the CD there are files for LINUX (glibc only), Solaris 2.5.1/2.6
and UnixWare 7. There is a new variant of Accelerated-X especially
designed for integrated 2D/3D support. Of course there is fully
seamless 2D/3D support, and yes of course you can have more than one
3D window rendering at the same time.

The chips supported initially are very limited, but span the whole
range from lowend to highend:

        SiS 6326
        Intel i740
        Nuber Nine Ticket2Ride IV       (that's on the Revolution IV)
        3Dlabs Permedia 2
        3Dlabs Glint Delta/MX

The current name is "Accelerated-X/OGL (EV1)". Here is a short list of
features:

        - 8, 15/16, 24/32 bpp if the hardware actually does
          support it (not just only 32bpp).

        - Multiple concurrent 3D windows rendering at the same time

        - OpenGL 1.1.1 based

        - X11R6.4 based

        - Advanced texture-caching

        - Tablet support (Wacom and Summagraphics)

        - Spaceball support (Logitech Magellan)

        - Overlays (Glint Delta/MX)

As stated above this is a restricted program for developers only, not
for
end users wanting to evaluate the technology. There is a pricetag
associated with this release.

Those who sign up and purchase the technology demo release will
receive all releases of the package, including production releases,
for one year from today.  Qualified developer's can sign up by

- Thomas

PS: We might not have been the first ones talking or announcing HW 3D,
    but we're ALWAYS the first to deliver.

2. connect hayes modem to digi-board on SCO 5.0

3. COMMERCIAL: Graphics Muse Tools CD, Version 2.0 released

4. new kernel cause boot problems

5. Xi Graphics support for powerpc linux

6. ftape

7. Patch to support ZCOMAX (ZCOM) XI-325 and XI-325H wireless cards

8. PID - It's out

9. FS: Xi Graphics Laptop Accelerated-X and Dextop v2.1, and more...

10. 3-Bttns with Ps/2 Intellimouse under Xi-Graphics X-server??

11. Xi Graphics Accelerated-X 4.1 for Laptop

12. FS Xi Graphics Accelerator for Notebook

13. Xi Graphics X Server