Reading floppy discs

Post by Derrick Kin » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to get access to MSDOS floppy discs

Reading floppy discs

Post by Sam Hostette » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me how to get access to MSDOS floppy discs

RTFM

You can do it two ways:

        1) mount and unmount it.

        2) Use the mtools (mdir, mcopy, mdel, ...) to treat it like DOS
--
Sam

Computer Support Tech   |(812) 855-1008
Geology Department      |"The web is to the internet as TV was to radio"

Reading floppy discs

Post by Jeremy Mathe » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

>> Can anyone tell me how to get access to MSDOS floppy discs

>RTFM

>You can do it two ways:

>    1) mount and unmount it.

>    2) Use the mtools (mdir, mcopy, mdel, ...) to treat it like DOS

Another way to do it is to use DOSEMU.  I find this particularly
convenient, since most of the time, the purpose of using the floppy is to
move stuff to/from DOS machines.

... and we thank you for your support.

          hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, every time he posts -
rwvpf wpnrrj ibf ijrfer

Reading floppy discs

Post by Jürgen Exne » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

1. Mount them with FS type "fat" or "msdos"
2. or use the mtools (man mtools for details)

jue

--
Jrgen Exner; v-jurgex AT microsoft.com
Sorry for this anti-spam inconvenience

Quote:> Can anyone tell me how to get access to MSDOS floppy discs

1. Problems with reading floppy disks on Thinkpad 755c

I have a Thinkpad 755c reasonably successfully loaded with Redhat 5.2.
Even got X windows working! The only 'fly in the ointment' reading
from floppy disks.  I can read the directory using mdir initially but
any attempt to copy files results in an error and then mdir doesn't
work.  I believe the drive to be Ok and the disks can be read on other
machines, so any pointers as to why this should happen?

Tony
remove the obvious to reply by mail. :-)

2. Looking for the RIOS CD player program

3. commands for reading floppy disks in linux

4. /etc/printcap for BJ200

5. Q: Read to read UNIX floppy disk

6. NFS mounting remote Info CD

7. reading Sys V.4 (ufs) formated 3 1/4 inch floppy disk

8. Redhat 5.1 & Tyan Tomcat IIID - ram issue

9. Reading files off a DOS formatted floppy disk

10. Reading CP/M and RSX11 floppy disk formats?

11. Help read mystery floppy disk

12. How to read/write/format MS-DOS floppy disks???

13. How to read a Mac Floppy Disk or file