1. I am not able to compile Emacs 19.25 under Linux anymore
Well, a few weeks ago I installed Slackware 2.0.1 with Emacs 19.27 and I
finally got really frustrated with that version of Emacs, cause it takes so
long to start this Emacs. And I haven't figured out yet, what the reason for
this behaviour is.
So I thought "Why not install Emacs 19.25 again.", but the compiled version I
have at home doesn't run at all. The symptoms are, I can't edit anything cause
the cursor is jumping within a given line of text, some text is lost while
editing and so on. Ok, I said, then I compile Emacs myself for the first time.
(I thought it may be some problem with a new library or so.) The compilation
was ok, no errors or so at all and configure found all it needs too. But after
I started my self-made Emacs, I was shocked, cause the same errors as with the
Ah, by the way, I compiled an Emacs without X-Support too. And I think it works
fine. (I haven't tested the version in deep, but I think it worked.)
So, if anyone can tell me how to make Emacs 19.27 startup faster or how to make
Emacs 19.25 run under Slackware 2.0.1, I would be very pleased and thankful.
See ya on the flipside,
2. pccard questions
3. I am not able to run KDE anymore...
4. Modem Blaster External?
5. How to create a user account that's su-able but not login-able?
6. My server is loopey
7. Anyone else not able to compile 4.2-stable?
8. BOOTP client example code
9. ERROR: not able to compile a small KDE program
10. system is not able to compile a small KDE application
11. "your system is not able to compile a small KDE application"
12. Not able to compile a new kernel on RedHat 9
13. Not able to compile 1.1.8