Bad Superblock

Post by John Hain » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello,I need extreme and immediate help.

We lost power today and our ups "30 minute backup" couldn't hold up
becuase the power outtage went longer than expected. now when we boot up
it gives me a bad superblock error. How do I fix this? It says to use
ext.fsck2. Any suggestions???

I need to know...we have very sensitive data and files on this computer
that had not been backed up before the power outtage.

Please reply to either this newsgroup or to these following email
address's

Thanks

-Brent Clements

Bad Superblock

Post by dkl.. » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

   >Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
   >Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:32:12 -0500

   >Hello,I need extreme and immediate help.
   >We lost power today and our ups "30 minute backup" couldn't hold up
   >becuase the power outtage went longer than expected. now when we
   >boot up it gives me a bad superblock error. How do I fix this? It
   >says to use ext.fsck2. Any suggestions???

uh,call me crazy,but perhaps you should take it's advice.
(remember to re-mount root as read-only with "mount -ro remount /".And make sure to not have any programmes running except the shell you're using.Then run fsck on the root block device (fsck will run fsck.ext2),then "mount -o remount /" to get back to read/write mode)

   >I need to know...we have very sensitive data and files on this
   >computer that had not been backed up before the power outtage.
   >Please reply to either this newsgroup or to these following email
   >address's

If no files were actually being writen when the power went out,then you've lost nothing.

Net-Tamer V 1.08 - Test Drive

1. NFS wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, etc

When I try to mount a TCPware VMS NFS export, I get this message:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
server.domain.com:/mnt/mountpoint,
or too many mounted file systems . "
I have an NT box running Intergraph NFS that can successfully mount this
export.
I can also mount the NT NFS export with the Caldera
2.2 Linux box using the same mount command syntax.
Anyone get this message and get it to work?

Thanks,

John Eberhardt

2. Route to host problem

3. Bad Superblock -> Bad Magic Number ->Segmentation fault?

4. curl: no return value (is it a setup problem)?

5. mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,

6. Too many beers?

7. Bad SuperBlock - ext2fs vs Win95

8. CLOSE_WAIT state (apache 1.3.3 under Solaris 2.5)

9. Q: Repairing ext2fs with bad superblock

10. ls-120 bad superblock

11. Help: Bad superblock mounting 20gb drive.

12. HELP: Bad SuperBlocks After RH5.0 Install

13. bad superblock ???