UUCP can't disable hardware flow control!?!

UUCP can't disable hardware flow control!?!

Post by Yves Perreno » Thu, 27 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I have a problem with Taylor UUCP 1.05 (which came with the Slackware 2.1.0
distribution), which seems to be related to hardware flow control.

I have configured everything, and if straight after a reboot I call up the
other system with uucico, everything is transfered fine and the whole
process goes smoothly. But now, if before running uucico, I access the modem
in any way (with seyon, uucico, cu or minicom for instance) the modem calls
the other system, and as soon as the connection is successfuly made, it
hangs up before any characters are sent or received from the other side, and
I get the following error message in the logfile:

uucp alphanet (4/22-13:29:39,174,0) Calling system alphanet (port modem)
uucp alphanet (4/22-13:29:54,174,0) ERROR: Got hangup signal
uucp alphanet (4/22-13:29:54,174,0) ERROR: Line disconnected
uucp alphanet (4/22-13:29:54,174,0) ERROR: Can't disable hardware flow control:
I/O error
uucp alphanet (4/22-13:29:56,174,0) ERROR: write: I/O error

Seyon and minicom, with CTS/RTS enabled work perfectly, and I can run them
as many times as I want, they always work fine. But uucico *and* cu will not
work if the modem has been accessed once already.

Obviously, it has nothing to do with the modem or UUCP configurations, since
uucico works fine just after a reboot, and if I use UUCP version 1.04, it
doesn't have that problem.

I have used kernel 1.1.59, and I'm now using 1.2.5. The modem is a US
Robotics Sportster, and I have added "stty crtscts < /dev/modem" to the
bootup sequence.

Has someone encoutered this problem and/or knows how to solve it?

If I realy have to, I'll use the old 1.04 version, but I would realy prefer
using the new 1.05.

Thanks in advance for any help... Yves

--

Yves PERRENOUD        FIDONET  : 2:301/315.50 (pyves)

    <http://neli00.eicn.etna.ch/utl/pyves/home/home.html>

Post by cmatt.. » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

   Obviously, it has nothing to do with the modem or UUCP configurations, since
   uucico works fine just after a reboot, and if I use UUCP version 1.04, it
   doesn't have that problem.

   I have used kernel 1.1.59, and I'm now using 1.2.5. The modem is a US
   Robotics Sportster, and I have added "stty crtscts < /dev/modem" to the
   bootup sequence.

I'm no uucp guru so if this is off the mark I apologize but why not
just ad that approrpiate AT commands to the chat script?

|Chuck Mattern            | "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.."|