Emacs installation under Redhat 5.1

Post by Neil Boo » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

When I fire up Emacs, it says "Ctrl-h t" for a tutorial. When I press
that, it complains about a file not found -
usr/share/emacs/20.2/etc/TUTORIAL. Sure enough, the etc subdirectory
is empty.

When I installed Redhat 5.1, I installed everything. Is the above
error the result of an unopened package? If so, how do I find out
what?

Thanks,

Neil.

Post by Peter Granrot » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> When I fire up Emacs, it says "Ctrl-h t" for a tutorial. When I press
> that, it complains about a file not found -
> usr/share/emacs/20.2/etc/TUTORIAL. Sure enough, the etc subdirectory
> is empty.

> When I installed Redhat 5.1, I installed everything. Is the above
> error the result of an unopened package? If so, how do I find out
> what?

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/rh51-errata-general.html#emacs

+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +

+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +

1. Redhat 5.1, 3com905 installation and network recognition

I d/led the update for the 3com 905 fastlink ethernet card from
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html and then proceeded to
compile it with gcc and then copied it to
/usr/src/linux-2.0.34/drivers/net/3c59x.o. Is that the properway to install
it? How do i check to see that it is properly installed and which files do i
need to edit to properly configure it to access my pipeline 75 router?

thanks,

james

2. [RESEND] qnx4fs (kernel 2.4.18-pre9)

3. modem installation in REDHAT 5.1??

4. X-Support for S3 Trio64V+ Chip?

5. BSD Disklabels and Redhat 5.1 Installation

6. NFS Problems

7. redhat 5.1[ cdrom installation on a amd k6 d 233mhz notebook]

8. 243 code when loading AIX

9. Redhat 5.1 Installation Problem - Packages

10. Creating Installation CDROM for Redhat 5.1

11. Problem with monitor installation in Redhat 5.1

12. GCC works, but not G++ on newly installed RedHat 5.1 installation?

13. RedHat 5.1 installation problems