Wheel mouse in X -not- be middle button?

Wheel mouse in X -not- be middle button?

Post by Charles H. Chapm » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a wheel mouse sorta working using XFree86 3.3.2 under Linux.
I -can- scroll using it but the wheel also acts as the middle button
which means if you click on it, it paste the current contents of the
clipboard to the window that has the focus.  So I have to be -very-
careful not to click the wheel while rotating it, otherwise I get
unintended pastes in the window.  This is not at all easy to do!
Is there a way to get "wheel" action but keep 3-button emulation
by clicking the right and left buttons together?  Alternatively,
is there a way to clear what's in the clipboard in X?

Thanks!

Chuck