RH5+lilo

Post by Miguel Lastr » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi all

                I've been trying to install RH 5.0 in an  Olivetti 486SX. Everything
seems to work fine until lilo instalation is reached. The instalation
tool tells me it is impossible to install lilo and gives no reason. I
have installed  RH 5.0 succefully in several machines and have no clue
of what is happening.
        Can anybody help me ??

        Thanks in advance

Miguel Lastra Leidinger

Tel: +34953649585               Fax: +34953649508
Dpt. Informtica. University of Jaen (Spain).
C\ Alfonso X El Sabio,28
23700 Linares (Jan)

1. RH5, lilo.conf, initrd ?

I have RH5 installed and running.  I was getting ready to build the
latest kernel, when I came across the following line in lilo.conf

initrd = /boot/initrd.img

From reading the LILO docs, I have found out that this is an initial
RAM disk that is loaded as boot time.  And that's about the extent of
it.  Most of the examples do not even reference this option.

What is the purpose of this image ?
How do I build one ?

2. flash

3. RH5/w95/LILO dos boot error

4. Please HELP!! THIS HAS TO WORK TONIGHT

5. RH5.0: LILO install failure

6. Getting ready for GNOME 2 - sample GTK+ 2 programs

7. lilo and rh5.2

8. RAM, DISK size for minimum Linux

9. How to instll LILO on boot floppy for RH5.0?

10. RH5.1 Lilo problem: "LI"

11. RH5.2 LILO won't install

12. LILO installation RH5.0

13. UNinstalling RH5.2 Linux and installing NT - can't get rid of LILO