LUGOD - Linux User Group of Davis - Meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 9

LUGOD - Linux User Group of Davis - Meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 9

Post by William Kendri » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

The third meeting of LUGOD, the Linux User Group of Davis, will be held at
Steve's Pizza (314 F Street, Davis, 530-758-2800) on Tuesday, February 9,
at 6:30pm.

LUGOD is a group of Linux Operating System enthusiasts from and around Davis,
California.  Our goal is "to geekify the poulace, and have fun doing it."
Or, in other words, to increase general awareness of the Linux Operating
System, increase our own awareness of what Linux is capable of, and what
we're capable of doing with Linux, and enjoy ourselves while we're at it.

Anyone who uses Linux (or any other flavor of Unix), wishes to use Linux,
or is interested in what this whole "Linux Revolution" is about, is invited
to join us.  As are people who simply like computers, or are interested in
eating pizza.

Topics for this week's meeting will include:

  * Avenues for recognition (ASUCD, City of Davis, etc.).
  * What membership should consist of.
  * Should we join GLUE (Groups of Linux Users Everywhere)?
  * Should we inform Linux magazines that we exist? Local newspapers? TV!?!?

Among other things.

For more information, please visit our website:  http://www.davis.com/lugod/
(space donated by Mother.com).

Thank you, and see you Tuesday!