Link between two machines?

Post by Cyran » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:59:01

I have two RH9 machines on a private network.
Is it possible to create a soft link from one box's drive to the
other? What would be the proper command, if so?

Regards, and thanks.

Link between two machines?

Post by lcoe » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:29:51

> I have two RH9 machines on a private network.
> Is it possible to create a soft link from one box's drive to the
> other? What would be the proper command, if so? > Regards, and thanks.

that is what nfs is all about, try a few man pages.     --Loren

Link between two machines?

Post by mjt » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:15:48

> I have two RH9 machines on a private network.
> Is it possible to create a soft link from one box's drive to the
> other? What would be the proper command, if so?

http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/cats/networking.html
look for "nfs"

Link between two machines?

Post by Russell Sha » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:35:59

>>I have two RH9 machines on a private network.
>>Is it possible to create a soft link from one box's drive to the
>>other? What would be the proper command, if so? > Regards, and thanks.

> that is what nfs is all about, try a few man pages.     --Loren

Also ssh scp and sftp.

1. Secure link between two machines

Hi.

I've been thinking about this for a while now...

I need to establish an automated connection between two machines. What's the
best way of doing this over a serial line? (PPP/SLIP/etc?)

The client machine should also be able to execute commands on the server
(run shell scripts). Is there a way to secure this connection (secure
shell?), and how to do it? If someone walks up to the machine, unplugs the
client, and plugs in another machine, access should be rejected.

Can you, for example, setup a ssh connection between the machines, with the
private key on the client machine hidden from everyone except root (no-one
will have root access). This connection has to be automated every time the
client starts. If the server dies and starts again, it should also try and
establish this connection (this can be done via a shell script running every
x minutes to check connection). The remote commands should also be automated
(cron jobs).

Is this at all possible? Should be, I think. I'll do the research, just need
some comments and (if possible) pointers.

Thanks,
Peet

2. Diamond Stealth 64 Video/NEC XV17

3. linking two or more machines?

4. Gigabit ethernet - RH 6.0 - Intel

5. Linking two linux machines

6. Caldera Linux on Dell

7. link two Linux machines to form the smallest LAN, help!

8. ipf and ppp

9. Using pty to link two comm programs on the same machine?

10. Link two machine

11. two modem; two ppp link to internet and double the performance

12. How to trigger two programs on two different machines at the same time?

13. How to set my Linux machine to have two network cards with two IPs