Help Linux ftp client (and .netrc) with NT ftp proxy

Help Linux ftp client (and .netrc) with NT ftp proxy

Post by Wayne D. Hoxsie J » Thu, 05 Jun 1997 04:00:00

We have an NT box as our internet gateway at work and it uses WinGate
as an ftp proxy agent.  In order to get to the outside world, we use a
modified username to specify the host:

This is all fine and dandy and lets out local intranet get to the
outside world, but wreaks havoc with Linux's ftp client when used with
the .netrc file for automated transfers.  ftp complains about the
syntax in the .netrc file.

or '.')

Any help appreciated.

--
Wayne D. Hoxsie Jr.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

My company whole-heartedly endorses everything I say :)

purpose, without express consent of the addressee is a
violation of US Law (see below).

Permission to use the above Email address for soliciation
purposes may be granted by the addressee for a fee of
US $1000.00.  Use of this address for solicitation or
other purposes constitutes agreement to these terms.
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine.  By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti*t to such equipment.  By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
is greater, for each violation."

1. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

for a unix ftp client that works through MS proxies, even with NTLM
authentication, go to this link...
  http://unix.about.com/cs/appsftp/
on the link above, 'curl' and 'lftp' seem to be teh best two i've ever
used, but be warned that curl will require openssl libraries as well
as zlib libraries.

you might also get errors with ld.so.1 or something such as this...
    ld.so.1: fatal
    No such file or directory
    ImportError: ld.so.1
if you get this kiind of error, then search groups.google.com for my
explanation on this kind of Nasty error which has fooled/beaten many a
rookie.

for NTLM authentication (MS Proxy Firewall or MS ISA Firewall), get on
www.sourceforge.net and look for 'NTLM Proxy Authentication' and then
find a program called (i think the program is called 'aps' it's
written by Dmitry Rozmanov) download it and configure it for your MS
Proxy/ISA Firewall. it might require the python intepreter, download
the python intepreter if you DON'T already have it. be patient,
everything will eventually work for you once you've read all the
manuals.
Moses Motlhale - Solutions Architect
24th Century Solutions, South Africa.

2. Modeline for CTX1451LR

3. how do I use the cern ftp proxy with non web ftp clients?

4. Help - zs0: silo overflow & level 12 onboard interrupt

5. FTP client inside linux firewall communicating with FTP server inside another linux firewall

6. A novice's question about SLIP

7. FTP cache server for linux FTP proxy?

8. reading large files into memory??

9. help with ftp client with MS Proxy server

10. Can't ftp to Linux box from windows ftp client

11. Can't ftp to Linux box from windows ftp client - SOLVED

12. linux firewall proxy ftpd with win95 ftp clients

13. ftp/telnet proxy client for linux