How to delete special files on msdos partition?

How to delete special files on msdos partition?

Post by Andy Spie » Sat, 12 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi!
I found that I can't delete special (i.e. hidden/system/readonly)
files on a mounted msdos partition, even as root.  I tried to
change the permissions with chmod, but that didn't help either.
Am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks a lot,
 Andy.

PS: It's Debian-Linux 1.2.4 on a PC-based machine.
 Andy Spiegl, PhD Student, Technical University, Muenchen, Germany

Post by Deedl » Sat, 12 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Hi!
>I found that I can't delete special (i.e. hidden/system/readonly)
>files on a mounted msdos partition, even as root.  I tried to
>change the permissions with chmod, but that didn't help either.
>Am I overlooking something obvious?

>Thanks a lot,
> Andy.

>PS: It's Debian-Linux 1.2.4 on a PC-based machine.

Mount your msdos partition as Read-write partition , then you can change
it as you want.

--
Wei Weng
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

         *******
         *******
         * - - *
          * i *
           ***
        Wasss up!!!

1. \\\ Professional Images Virtual Domains/// Special Special Special Special

:               Online Marketing International Inc.

:
: We are happy to be able to offer full professional images for your
: business. We are a international service provider specializing in Virtual
: domains, Site creation and maintenance, and Listservers and databases.
:
: Thru the end of april we are offering the Following Special pricing:
:
: Only $25.00 setup/$25.00 per month for the following. !!!WOW!!!
:
: *personal Domain  http://yourcompany.com/
: *Unlimited FTP/Telnet access yourcompany.com
: *5 megs of space - this will house approximately +50 pages with    graphics

: *autoresponder
: *Cgi-bin access with sample scripts
: *use of our Shell
: *password protected web pages
: *redirection capabilty
: *24 hour a day web access with millions of potential customers.
: *listing in our award winning mall   http://ngwwmall.com/
: *free postings to 18 popular search engines and directories with all
:  accounts.
: *Full T1 line support with redundancy measure being put in place to
:  insure reliable access 24 hours a day
: *listserver
: =======================================================================
:
: Basic Site creation package 299.99 6 pages with graphic, includes 6
: months rent ends may 1st.
:
: =======================================================================
: Full server lease available for as little as 500.00/month
: =======================================================================
: We Have special accounts for individuals wishing to resell our services

: =======================================================================
: Sites we maintain and house -
: visit a few our our sites: http://craftsolutions.com/
:                            http://winedine.com/
:                            http://facialflex.com/
:                            http://ngwwmall.com/

2. Ksh Select - relayinh the options

3. how do delete file with special name ??

4. how can I suppress "No Mail." from tcsh at login

5. delete a special character file

6. Compaq Raid and 3.3

7. deleting 'special char' files

8. mouse will not work in X on sparc IPC

9. deleting file with special character in name

10. Deleting files with special ch in filename

11. Can't Delete a certian Character Special file -- Why/How?

12. Deleting special files

13. Can't Delete a certian Character Special file -- Why/How?