How to view PS file on full screen?

Post by jwj.. » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 17:45:09

Hello,

I have a presentation slides which is PostScript file.
I want to see this slide as full screen of my monitor, or projector,
without any window ornaments which is generated by ghostview or gv.

I have searched documents about gs(ghostscript) and gv, but I cannot
find appropriate command line options or something like else.

Does anyone know the way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

-Sanori

--

Dept. of Computer Science               |     /\^       Always being
Korea Advanced Inst. of Sci. and Tech.  |    /   \/\            with Network

How to view PS file on full screen?

Post by Gerald Willman » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 22:40:30

Quote:> I have a presentation slides which is PostScript file.
> I want to see this slide as full screen of my monitor, or projector,
> without any window ornaments which is generated by ghostview or gv.
> I have searched documents about gs(ghostscript) and gv, but I cannot
> find appropriate command line options or something like else.
> Does anyone know the way to do this?

you could convert to pdf and use acrobat reader to achieve this. Check out
pdflatex + ppower4 postprocessor and the example files provided at

  www-sp.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/software/ppower4/

Gerald

Post by Bala » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:49:56

> I have a presentation slides which is PostScript file.
> I want to see this slide as full screen of my monitor, or projector,
> without any window ornaments which is generated by ghostview or gv.

I have projected pdf files before using acroread, since acroread has a full
screen mode. Just convert your ps files to pdf using ps2pdf.

Post by Wayne Thro » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 04:46:21

: I have a presentation slides which is PostScript file.  I want to see
: this slide as full screen of my monitor, or projector, without any
: window ornaments which is generated by ghostview or gv.

Other folks have noted the possibility of ps2pdf, and use of acroread's
presentation mode.  You could also use ghostscript with -sDEVICE=gif or
-sDEVICE=jpeg and -sOutputFile=foo%d, and tinker with the other
parameters to get the resulting graphic to be full-screen.  Then use xv
(which has keyboard shortcuts for "next screen" and such) to show them.

Just a possibility...

"He's not just a Galaxy Ranger... he's a Super-Trooper!"

How to view PS file on full screen?

Post by J?rg-Volker Peet » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:30:31

Give gsview together with a newer version of ghostscript a try, it
should work on Unix and WinBloze:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.htm
Regards,
Joerg-Volker.

How to view PS file on full screen?

Post by Publi » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 00:35:28

Gerald Willmann [2001-08-07]:

> > I have a presentation slides which is PostScript file.
> > I want to see this slide as full screen of my monitor, or projector,
> > without any window ornaments which is generated by ghostview or gv.
> > I have searched documents about gs(ghostscript) and gv, but I cannot
> > find appropriate command line options or something like else.

> you could convert to pdf and use acrobat reader to achieve this. Check out

No need for all this hassle. Just tell your window manager to start the
application without a title/buttons etc.

At least with icewm, you can do it like this:

- create an executable script file 'fullscreen_view':
        #!/bin/sh
        # start ghostscript in a full screen window

        # you probably need to change 1024x800 to fit your screen/projector
        # dimensions
        # 'xwininfo' will tell you the right values if you click on a full
        # screen window of the same class [gs in this case]

- put this in ~/.icewm/winoptions
        fullscreen_view.dTitleBar: 0

- start your image viewing with something like:
        ./fullscreen_view your_file1.ps your_file2.ps

- enjoy

HTH