remote commands via ftp

Post by Schmaie » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Dear Anibody!

I am quite new in this area.
So please help me to solve the following issue:

My company has a database running on a UNIX masine. We are planning to
provide information to our clients via the WWW. This WWW client will run
on another server. I have to make some kind of communication between the
database server and the WWW client server. The database is not a client-
server type. I read in a manual that is is possible to execute some
programs on the remote side via ftp ( site exec ... ). Can somebody tell
me how can I use this feature

Thank you!!!!

remote commands via ftp

Post by brian moo » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:30:09 GMT,

> Dear Anibody!

> I am quite new in this area.
> So please help me to solve the following issue:

> My company has a database running on a UNIX masine. We are planning to
> provide information to our clients via the WWW. This WWW client will run
> on another server. I have to make some kind of communication between the
> database server and the WWW client server. The database is not a client-
> server type. I read in a manual that is is possible to execute some
> programs on the remote side via ftp ( site exec ... ). Can somebody tell
> me how can I use this feature

Why not do it in a much more sane manner, with ssh?

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting

1. How to get the exit status of a remote command executed via rsh

Here's an easy one for all you unix experts:

I'm trying to get the exit status of a command executed thru rsh

It is part of a csh script and looks something like this

        rsh -n <hostname> <command>
        if($status) then
                echo "Error"
        endif

When <command> has an error condition, rsh still exits with an error status of
'0' because rsh was successful even though <command> wasnt.

How could I get around this?

I dont have access to usenet, so I'd appreciate direct replies to
my email address

Thanks in advance,
Sabitha.

--

2. Syquest EZ135

3. Bug in running remote command in background via rcmd?

4. _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno=113

5. exit code of the remote command execution (done via rsh)

6. Windows Users of the World Dual Boot

7. remote command via telnet

8. nfs export ?

9. remote telnet & execute commands via script (how to do it?)

10. Using FTP via rsh (remote shell)

11. remote backup via ftp...

12. Can I mount a remote directory via FTP?

13. How can one restrict remote login access to a Solaris 2.6 machine via ssh or ftp?