UPS does not want to connect to serial port...

UPS does not want to connect to serial port...

Post by Sergei Naum » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Folks!
I am trying to put a UPS on my friend's Linux box. He's got 400W one
with a mouse-like serial port. Cable is ok as well. However, when I
start powerd with /dev/ttyS0 it says
        powerd: UPS connection error, exiting
Could anyone, please explain me what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance

--
++++++++++++ http://sunsite.oit.unc.edu/sergei/Me/Serge.html ++++++++++

+Department of Physics & Astronomy, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA+
++++++++++++++++++ !! 8 bit (Cyrillic) mail accepted !!++++++++++++++++

1. HELP needed with connecting UPS to serial port w/o "getty"

Has anyone ever hooked up a tripp-lite ups to a solaris machine using the
power alert plus software?

The ups instructions for a solaris installation blow, and i cant really figure
out the way solaris is handling it's serial ports.

The instructions say that i need to configure the port for 2400, but without
a getty running.  Now, i think that in solaris, a ttymon is a getty.  But
knowing this still doesnt get me much closer to setting the thing up.

So how do i configure ttya for straight serial communications without a
getty/ttymon getting in the way?

thanx,

please reply via mail if possible.

--
Robert Windsor Nilsen III

2. mod_auth_samba

3. Doing a STOP+A from headless system, connected via serial port?

4. lpd with SCO ODT 3.0 -> 5.0.2

5. How to use printer(LPT1) connected to serial-port-connected-PC

6. malloc, oh it's to late

7. More Serial Ports/Terminal and UPS

8. Telnetd wanted with FAILED LOGIN logging

9. Configuring serial port for PowerChute UPS

10. Serial port -> TrippLite UPS

11. monitoring a UPS from a serial port

12. FYI: APC UPS with Sun Blade 100 on 2nd serial port ttyb

13. IBM RS6K: serial port connection to UPS.