only anon ftp access? 5.2 ftp question

Post by gdye » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am setting up a linux 5.2 system. So far so good. I can telnet and
http, but I can only access ftp anon. I have a default user, and that
is denied. I can only login as a guest?

Thanks for any help!

greg

only anon ftp access? 5.2 ftp question

Post by root » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

unless you have an account with the ftp organisation you are trying to
link with, you will have to be anonymous due to system security issues.

> I am setting up a linux 5.2 system. So far so good. I can telnet and
> http, but I can only access ftp anon. I have a default user, and that
> is denied. I can only login as a guest?

> Thanks for any help!

> greg

only anon ftp access? 5.2 ftp question

Post by gdye » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am the root..the box is in my ba*t.

1. FTP - And Shadow - Can't login as anyone except anon via ftp

Does FTP work with shadow?  I can only use ftp with anonymous...nothing else
works....is there a fixed version of ftpd that works with shadow?

Thanks in advance.

Brian Kramer-Computer Science & Mathematics-Rutgers University

SySop:NJ Computer Connection BBS (609)895-0398 - njcc.wisdom.bubble.org

2. Problem with netscape 2.02

3. ftp only accounts using anon ftp help please....

4. Resetting serial port (cuaa0)

5. Beginer-Unix programming in C/C++

6. Cern proxy ftp URL fails, but anon ftp to same site works

7. migration to linux

8. Cannot ftp into my machine as myself (user), but can ftp in as anon.

9. ftp login - access denied/anon ok

10. Q. accessing dos part from anon. ftp

11. PROBLEM SOLVED-ftp access deny/anon ok

12. Problems access anon ftp site thru Web!!