Staroffice 3.1

Post by Dana J. Laud » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

> Has anyone gotten Star office 3.1 to work with Redhat 5.0 . I found a
> way by putting the libc.so.5.4.44 in the linux-x86/lib dir in the
> StarOffice-3.1 directory about 6 months ago and it worked .  But I had
> trouble with my harddrive and lost it. and can't find this method on the
> internet does anyone know how to get Star Office working .?

Hopefully you mean version 4.0, but here's a url:http://www.waldherr.org/

Dana

Staroffice 3.1

Post by Kenny Helm » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten Star office 3.1 to work with Redhat 5.0 . I found a
way by putting the libc.so.5.4.44 in the linux-x86/lib dir in the
StarOffice-3.1 directory about 6 months ago and it worked .  But I had
trouble with my harddrive and lost it. and can't find this method on the
internet does anyone know how to get Star Office working .?

thanks..

1. StarOffice 3.1 problem w/ 3.1-RELEASE

    I am having a problem with Star Office 3.1 under my FreeBSD
3.1-RELEASE install.  The port compiles fine, but when I run it I get :

User Install required before swriter3 can be run, please wait...
ELF binary type not known.  Use "brandelf" to brand it.
Abore trap

When I run "brandelf swriter3" I get the following error:

brandelf: file 'swriter3' is not ELF format

I have tried brandelf w/ the -f and -t FreeBSD options and both get the
same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have compiled XFree86 w/ aout support and am using 3.3.3.1.

Thanks,

Danny

2. Any working combination of jdk and tomcat with stable

3. StarOffice 3.1

4. Dosemu and long file names

5. Can't get StarOffice 3.1 going with RedHat 5.0 (Intel)

6. gethostname() with -pedantic -ansi flags

7. StarOffice 3.1 - some problems with installation

8. Device Driver Question: Bus ID ?

9. Staroffice 3.1 Beta Installation

10. StarOffice 3.1 installation script crashes...

11. StarOffice 3.1 Installation

12. Applixware 4.2 or 4.3 VS StarOffice 3.1

13. StarOffice 3.1 and RedHat 5