MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

Post by Henrik Becke » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I miss a player which can play my MP3's I have on CD. All the player I
> found so fare play either one audio CD's or mp3 FILES.

If you burn them on CD, that CD should be a Data-CD. Mount it and play the
mp3 with any given mp3-Player. (xmms, kmp3)

--

  Palm Pilot unter Linux: http://www.henrikbecker.de/jpilot

MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

Post by Juergen Flosbac » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hallo,

I'm pretty happy with my Linux but one thing is there that I miss very
much.

I miss a player which can play my MP3's I have on CD. All the player I
found so fare play either one audio CD's or mp3 FILES.

To me, it doesn't make sense right now to burn mp3's on CD when I can
not play them from there.

If anybody nows about such a player please let me know.

Thanks !!!
--

Regards

Juergen Flosbach
---

Tel.     : +049-7164-130777   ( Private )
Tel.     : +049-7335-127518   ( Work    )

MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

Post by <jos.. » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Question : What is an "MP3 CD" ?

x11Amp will play mp3 files on any file system that the OS can mount and
read.

If you have your cdrom with mp3's mounted , you can click on the eject
button in x11Amp and use the selection dialog to browse over to the cdrom.
Then you can select the file to play.
Alternatively, you can tell it to play an entire directory.

The windows equivalent of this program is "winamp".
I got it on the Red Hat 6.0  CD .

> Hallo,

> I'm pretty happy with my Linux but one thing is there that I miss very
> much.

> I miss a player which can play my MP3's I have on CD. All the player I
> found so fare play either one audio CD's or mp3 FILES.

> To me, it doesn't make sense right now to burn mp3's on CD when I can
> not play them from there.

> If anybody nows about such a player please let me know.

> Thanks !!!
> --

> Regards

> Juergen Flosbach
> ---

> Tel.     : +049-7164-130777   ( Private )
> Tel.     : +049-7335-127518   ( Work    )

MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

Post by Dances With Cro » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 20:47:49 +0200, Juergen Flosbach

Quote:>I'm pretty happy with my Linux but one thing is there that I miss very
>much.
>I miss a player which can play my MP3's I have on CD. All the player I
>found so fare play either one audio CD's or mp3 FILES.
>To me, it doesn't make sense right now to burn mp3's on CD when I can
>not play them from there.
>If anybody nows about such a player please let me know.

What?

xmms, mp3blaster, mpg123, and just about every mp3 player for Linux I've
heard of play CDs with mp3s on them just fine.

(inserts mp3 collection #0 into CD-ROM drive)
$ mount /cdrom
$ mpg123 -y /cdrom/Angry/Rammstein-Sehnsucht.mp3
(noise comes out of speakers)

The questions are "Did you mount the CD-ROM containing the mp3s?" and
after that, "Can you see the mp3 files that are stored on the CD-ROM?"  If
so, then any Linux mp3 player will be able to play the files.  If you made
the CD containing mp3 files using a not-yet-standard process like
packet-writing a UDF-format CD-RW using Adaptek Sleazy CD Cremator, then
it will be more difficult to obtain files from that CD (but possible!)

If the software used to create this MP3 CD didn't use the ISO9660 (with or
without Joliet extensions) or UDF formats, then call the manufacturer up
and tell them they're idiots, then toss the software out the window.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows              \###| You have me mixed up with more
There is no Darkness in Eternity         \##| creative ways of being stupid?

1. Need mp3 to mpy file converter for RCA Lyra RD1080 mp3 player

I have an RCA Lyra RD1080 mp3 player which connects through USB to my
computer running Fedora Core 2. I can read and copy files from its
filesystem just fine. However, the Lyra uses mpy files, (its proprietary
format) rather than mp3 files. Thus I need to convert my mp3 files prior
to downloading them to the Lyra. This is done under Windows using
MusicMatch Jukebox, but there is no Linux version of that program (there
was a beta version in 2001, but apparently it was never continued).

I have serached the web extensively to find an mp3 to mpy file
converter, with no luck.

Does anyone have a program that converts mp3 files to mpy files? Without
it, my player is useless with Linux.

Thanks

John McFee

2. Changing keymappings

3. CD Player and MP3 Player for Solaris 8

4. SNM console start with b/w mode.

5. FAT16 on CD??, was Re: How To Burn An MP3 CD For Player?

6. Did they just do a update to Netscape 6.1 ??

7. Burning an ISO into a bootable CD and mp3's to music CD's.

8. UUCP over TCP from Solaris 2.2

9. Sound, Real Player, and MP3 players

10. MP3 Player & VCD Player

11. Best CD and MP3 players?