can I turn on the caption of mplayer while watching DVD?

can I turn on the caption of mplayer while watching DVD?

Post by Shi Ji » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:09:02

I cannot find any information about it.
I am sure this DVD disk has closed caption.
Thanks a lot.

can I turn on the caption of mplayer while watching DVD?

Post by David Dorwar » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:49:43

Shi Jin might have typed:

Quote:> I cannot find any information about it.
> I am sure this DVD disk has closed caption.
> Thanks a lot.

There are command line options (man mplayer) but you can't type at the
command line to change mplayer while running it already. If you are running
mplayer with the GUI you can middle click to get the DVD options, including
subtitlling.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
Thinking about emailing me? Only do so if it isn't apropriate for this

1. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

I've googled until I'm blue (would that be bluegled?) and I can't
find a DVD burner that has all of what I want.  These seem to be
what people like for Linux:

Ricoh MP5125A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (OBSOLETE)
http://www.computervideogear.com/dvd-burners/ricoh-mp5125a.htm

NEC ND1100A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (replaces above Ricoh)
http://www.computervideogear.com/dvd-burners/nec-nd-1100a.htm

HP DVD300i (DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/-RW)
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_...
(watch the line wrap)

Pioneer DVR-A05 CD-R/RW, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-ROM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?...

All of the above units are EIDE.  Is there a SCSI DVD burner that
works with Linux?  My reason for wanting this is the wonderful
burning throughput I get with my SCSI CD burner.  I *NEVER* have
buffer underruns no matter how much else my system is doing.
I can even backup to my SCSI tape at the same time without
problems.  I'm nervous that an IDE burner will force me into
buffer underrun land.

Thanks....

2. diald or ipchains for automatic dial out?

3. Mplayer DVD Question???

4. Token ring and 2.0

5. Has anyone got mplayer with DVD to compile and run?

6. XF86 3.1.2 Crashes/Mouse Suspected

7. linux, mplayer, external DVD

8. STB Trio 64V+ / Vivitron 17

9. mplayer and DVD playback