Shadow Passwords&elf Release?

Post by Brook Har » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know when a version of linux (elf) with shadowpasswords will
be released?  (And yes, i know you can allways add shadowpasswords, but i
would like a complete release) Like Slackware.

Thanks
        BH

--
-Brook Harty-              LAN/WAN Consultant - Internet Service Provider
       -IronWolve-         Cutting Edge Communications        www.cet.com

Post by Douglas R. Flo » Sat, 30 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Does anyone know when a version of linux (elf) with shadowpasswords will
>be released?  (And yes, i know you can allways add shadowpasswords, but i
>would like a complete release) Like Slackware.

>Thanks
>    BH

>--
>-Brook Harty-              LAN/WAN Consultant - Internet Service Provider
>       -IronWolve-         Cutting Edge Communications        www.cet.com

I added the shadow-3.3.1.tar.gz + diff, built, pwconv'ed my pw file
without any problems.  Watch which passwd you use... shadow puts passwd in
one place (/bin I think), and passwd on slackware is in the other (/usr/bin).

shadow is present on Walnut Creek's Slackware CDROM set, and ftpable from
your favorite software mirror as well.

PS:  The latest kernel's help feature for adding stuff is a NICE thing.
Thanks for this ;-).

I like the shadow libs, since it is easy to get and configure
/etc/security/login.conf.  (Normally, this file is in /etc, but I like
having an /etc/security directory.)

--

Disclaimer:  What, me speak for my employer(s)?  Yeah, right.
Linux|AIX|IRIX spoken here.