www-data (Jserv) user privilages

Post by Ga » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:03:16

hello :-)

I am using Jserv on my Debian system with Apache. As Jserv runs as
user
"www-data" by default and I need to allow my servlets some limited
file access - I have created a "www-data" directory just off of /home
with rw privilages for only the "www-data" user - is this the safest
way to give my servlet some file writing abilities?

thanks guys

Gav

1. user data to user data device driver

Hello OpenBSD Kernel gurus,

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to copy data directly from a
buffer in one user process to the buffer in another user process via
the kernel without using intermediate kernel buffers.

I've written a device driver using the kernel intermediate copy
methology and it works but removing the extra copying would greatly
improve matters.

I've spent a fair amount of time reading the docs and the code for
copyin/copyout, uiomove, & uvm_io as well as searching the net for
information on how to perform this but I've not had any luck so far.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Aaron

2. simple (not so?) sed/awk question

3. PHP as Apache Module with user privilages

4. Patching snmpV2 solaris2.6

5. How to create a privilaged user?

6. sony cdu-33a problem

7. su not allowing privilages of new user

8. Newbie wnats to learn

9. Help, how to set user privilages

10. "www" gone since upgrade to JServ 1.1.1??

11. JServ: "Document contains no data" problem

12. Filesystem semantics protecting meta data ... and users data

13. Writing data from Kernel to a data file in user space