ACAD for LINUX, does it exist?

Post by Wayne Cud » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

Is there a version of ACAD for linux or a version for UNIX that works
under LINUX?
Thanks,
Wayne

ACAD for LINUX, does it exist?

Post by Dane Jasp » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

: Is there a version of ACAD for linux or a version for UNIX that works
: under LINUX?

Sure would be nice..  Don't think so though.  Accurender too!  =)

Dj

ACAD for LINUX, does it exist?

Post by Jiann-Ming » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>: Is there a version of ACAD for linux or a version for UNIX that works
>: under LINUX?

ACAD? As in AutoCAD?  Not for Linux but for Suns, SGI, and AIX.
Too bad the SGI version is not OpenGL.  That would make AutoCAD so
freaking awesome if it was OpenGL.
--

                                http://microwave1.ph.msstate.edu/~js1
For F1 and IndyCar Picutures:   ftp://microwave1.ph.msstate.edu/pub/racing

ACAD for LINUX, does it exist?

Post by Iris » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>>: Is there a version of ACAD for linux or a version for UNIX that works
>>: under LINUX?

>ACAD? As in AutoCAD?  Not for Linux but for Suns, SGI, and AIX.
>Too bad the SGI version is not OpenGL.  That would make AutoCAD so
>freaking awesome if it was OpenGL.

        Is there an SCO version? If so, get it and that icbs module (you
knew it'd have to be good for something besides the WP demo).

        Good Luck,
--
                 T \ /

                 A / \

ACAD for LINUX, does it exist?

Post by Robert A Da » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: >>: Is there a version of ACAD for linux or a version for UNIX that works
: >>: under LINUX?
: >>

: >ACAD? As in AutoCAD?  Not for Linux but for Suns, SGI, and AIX.
: >Too bad the SGI version is not OpenGL.  That would make AutoCAD so
: >freaking awesome if it was OpenGL.

:       Is there an SCO version? If so, get it and that icbs module (you
: knew it'd have to be good for something besides the WP demo).

:       Good Luck,
: --
:                T \ /

:                A / \

--

I have access to a SCO version..  Will it really compile on Linux??

1. mishaps with co-existing OSs (Linux and Dos Partitions)

well my friends, i recently have had the worst experience in my
conmputing life (YET!!).
this is how it went:
my mind was tormented cause of this statistics test i had to take that
night. but i didnt study!! (i spend all that time trying to connect my
linux box to the net). i was just about to print the "Mail-HOWTO" on my
old battered Epson lx-810 (doont laugh, please! :o), when the image of me
failing the test miserably struck my mind. but, i continued issuing the
command, the this is that i accidentally typed:
        cat Mail-HOWTO > /dev/hd1
instead of:
        cat Mail-HOWTO > /dev/lp2 !!!!!!!!!!
any guesses on what happened?
well, 'cat' wrote to the DOS (Win95) partition, but i wrote over the
FAT!!!!!
all my DAMN information on that partition was lost!!!!~ FOREVER!!!!
i had to repartition-reformat.
i just started at the screen ...i wanted to bang my head against it, but
didnt :o)

let that be a lesson for all of yoiu out there:
either:
-study for yer tests with time
-dont have 2 OSses coexisting
-KILL WIN95
-or don use a computer at all!!

anyone with less patience than me would have probably committed suicied!!
:o) (j/k)

if anyone has any comments, similar mishaps or simply wants to insult me,
feel free to email me at:

Wilser Ramirez NG

2. Help! I need driver for 3Com508 card.

3. Linux/SCO/WinNT/DOS co-exist?

4. IBM Aptiva series and Linux

5. Putting Linux on an existing disk partion running DOS/WIN95

6. Openwin not executing

7. How do I install Linux on a HD with existing dos extended drives?

8. AIX and Modems

9. ACAD replacement...for Linux !!!

10. ACAD under linux

11. Acad in Linux