Groups

Post by Anthony Goodei » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 01:03:29

Hello,
I am tryng to get a batch file to autorun and to minimize.  Secondly,
I need to run this batch file from a Linux server, so when a person
clicks on a link of that file it autoruns on their system.  Security
isn't a factor, because this is on our Inranet server and is internal
only.

Anthony

Groups

Post by Sybre » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 01:22:27

Quote:> I am tryng to get a batch file to autorun and to minimize.  Secondly,
> I need to run this batch file from a Linux server, so when a person
> clicks on a link of that file it autoruns on their system.  Security
> isn't a factor, because this is on our Inranet server and is internal
> only.

Sooo... what are you asking of us? Oh, and DON'T CROSSPOST!

Sybren

Groups

Post by mjt » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 01:30:31

> I am tryng to get a batch file to autorun and to minimize.  Secondly,
> I need to run this batch file from a Linux server, so when a person
> clicks on a link of that file it autoruns on their system.  Security
> isn't a factor, because this is on our Inranet server and is internal

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Groups

Post by ERA » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 23:51:31

> I am tryng to get a batch file to autorun and to minimize.
> Secondly, I need to run this batch file from a Linux server, so when
> a person clicks on a link of that file it autoruns on their system.
> Security isn't a factor, because this is on our Inranet server and
> is internal only.

This is a very vague question. However it sounds as though you are
either running SAMBA on Linux or are asking *how* to do it. I presume
you believe you know how to use Dinwoes and how to create a
drag-n-drop .lnk for your batch file, so what exactly are you asking?
Are you running SAMBA on the Linux server? Are the 'doze systems able
to "see" the shares on the Linux server?

Followups to comp.os.linux

BTW, you sound like a Newbie so get my NewB Help File:
---------------------------- Begin Quote ----------------------------
Send an e-mail USING YOUR REAL E-MAIL ADDRESS to:

To get a copy of our ERACC NewB Help File. It has loads of URLs with
information to help you get up to speed with Linux, Unix and USENET.

No subject line is necessary. Processing your request may take up to
12 hours or more so be patient because multiple requests *will*
return multiple copies to you. Messages without a valid return
address will not get to you. E-mail addresses with abusive comments
will be killfiled.

After looking at it we'd appreciate any constructive feedback or
constructive suggestions sent to:

Subject: NewB Help File Suggestion

Messages without a valid return address will be ignored.
----------------------------- End Quote -----------------------------

SCO Group Authorized Partner - OpenServer, UnixWare & SCO Linux
--
Linux era1.eracc.UUCP 2.4.13 i686
  9:42am  up 7 days, 16:48,  4 users,  load average: 1.06, 0.86, 0.87

1. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

Hi

First let me describe what I would like to set up to clarify things:

Scenario:

I would like to set up 3 groups, lets call them A, B, C. Users from A should
have access files created by users in B or C. Users in B or C cannot access
files created by users in A. Also users in B or C should not have access to
each others files.

How would I set up Umask to handle this? I've tried to create a primary
group for all and secondary groups to reflect the permissions I'm after, but
to no avail.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

2. Detecting mouse from linux console

3. grouping a group to a group?

4. process info getproc(),getargs()...???

5. Keeping groups, groups and groups straight

6. fdopen fails

7. GROUPS CONTAINING OTHER GROUPS (/etc/group)

8. How to write a Dispatcher

9. /etc/group groups inside of groups?

10. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?

11. redefining group id's in /etc/group ???

12. change to new gid or new group name all files of given group name or gid

13. File group permissions - applicable to a particular group user only possible??