Any interest in MicroTek Labs parallel port/SCSI scanners?

Any interest in MicroTek Labs parallel port/SCSI scanners?

Post by Byron A Je » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hey folks,

I'm really interested to getting a driver for the Microtek Labs PageWiz. After
considering my needs (sheetfed portable scanner), and price ($100 ballpark)
I've decided to pursue this particular product.

MircoTek Labs also has several high end SCSI scanner products.

I just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in either product before
I continue to pursue it...

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

1. Microtek ScanMaker E3 Plus Parallel Port Scanner?

Has anyone gotten the Microtek ScanMaker E3 Plus Parallel Port Scanner
running under Linux?  I have looked at SANE but it seems to not support
this parallel port scanner.

I understand that this scanner may just have a parallel to scsi chip
inside it.

Is there a driver for the scanner via the parallel port?
If not can I run a scsi cable to it and disconnect the parallel
interface?

This scanner was very cheap.  But I would hate to have to run it under
Windows(TM).

Thanks
John
--
John M. LoSecco                         Phone:(219)631-6044
Physics Department                      Fax:  (219)631-5952

Notre Dame, Indiana 46556 USA

2. How do I make an anonymous ftp user??

3. Kernel 2.4.x breaks microtek SCSI 35t+ scanner!

4. Socket gets reset w/httpd on Linux

5. scsi =ncr 53c400 scanner=microtek ll (3 pass) system=i486 help?

6. fix warning: unused variable powernow-k6.c

7. Scanners: ?Microtek E3 SCSI?

8. Can't Install SuSE 5.1 from Creative Labs CD-ROM

9. SCSI Microtek slide scanner 35t stops working right!

10. microtek scanner scsi interface

11. Parallel to SCSI / Parallel Port Drivers

12. Parallel to SCSI Drivers / Parallel Port Drivers

13. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk