boot/root disk WITH NFS

Post by James F. Sma » Mon, 08 May 1995 04:00:00

I need to create a boot/root disk (well, ok, just a root disk) with the
bare essentials, however I MUST have the ability to export my filesystem
AND import someone elses filesystem (nfsd must work, as well as mount -t nfs)

Any suggestions on what I need on the root disk?

e-mail a reply please

1. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root disks.

I have a root disk that was created with rawrite.  It is the color.gz
image.  I would like to mount the root disk and make some modifications
to the disk (adding nfs server capability).

I have tried mounting with various file system types and have had no
luck.

So, how can I mount it to make these modifications, or the bigger
question, how can I easily add nfs server capability to the basic
boot/root disk combination.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. Stop Usenet Censorship and Totalitarianism 6641531132

3. root disk file system type and nfs server from boot/root disks.

4. UNIX Peripherals Supported?

5. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root floppies.

6. Help with localtime prove linux better than solaris

7. How to boot from disk and mount root-fs from NFS ?

8. 2 IP on the same nic

9. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???

10. Linux Boot/Root-disk to connect to NFS-Server ???

11. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???

12. Can't login as root on SLS 1.02 root/boot disk!

13. Which boot disk goes with the Slackware 3.0 pcmcia.gz root disk?