Klyx and KDE

Post by Morten Ranhe » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'm using KDE on Redhat 5.1 which works real good. The problem is
compiling KDE spesific application for KDE (libc6). All I get is
errors the Qt libraries, which is binary files. Does anyone know a
trick or two to make KDE apps under RH 5.1 or do I need to recompile
the Qt libraries?

It has also come to my attention that RH 5.1 has made some changes on
the compilers. It now uses egcs for all g++ etc, except cc which uses
gcc. How can I change this, or is it "smart" to change it all?

--
Morten Ranheim

Klyx and KDE

Post by Arne Hueggenber » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I'm using KDE on Redhat 5.1 which works real good. The problem is
> compiling KDE spesific application for KDE (libc6). All I get is
> errors the Qt libraries, which is binary files. Does anyone know a
> trick or two to make KDE apps under RH 5.1 or do I need to recompile
> the Qt libraries?
> Morten Ranheim

Could it be that your Qt binaries are libc5 ones?
Try compiling them from source.

Arne Hueggenberg

1. Problem with KLyx and KDE 1.1.1

Hi,

I use Debian 2.0 and the Kernel 2.2.5 and KDE 1.1.
I am writing a theses with KLyx without any problem, containing a lot of ps
and eps figures.
Then I  downloaded the KDE-Version 1.1.1 as source and compiled it myself,
just like the former one.
After starting the KDE 1.1.1 everything worked fine - since I started KLyx
and ---- my theses - after the first eps- or ps figure has been loaded into
memory, my screen started flickering. After stopping the X-Server with
CTRL-ALT-Backspace, the command line told me a few lines further that the
X-Server tried: Starting VGA-Mode!!!

Can anyone help me with this matter ???

Thanks much !!!

Markus

2. Trident 9200CXr

3. KDE & Klyx File Problem

4. good linux reference book

5. KDE 1.1 & KLyX 0.9.9

6. :Running a script once a day

7. Klyx in Kde 3.03

8. Changing xwindows....

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. KLyX install

11. klyx

12. KDE2rc2 Caused Klyx Broken Dependency

13. klyx & display special characters