Any good software for small business on Linux

Any good software for small business on Linux

Post by Mohd-Hanafiah Abdull » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:26:09

Hi:

Would appreciate to know your views on good software to run a small
business that can do stuff like book-keeping, invoicing, payroll, etc.,
that runs on Linux.

Thanks.

Napi

--
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/napi.html

Post by mjt » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:01:58

> Would appreciate to know your views on good software to run a small
> business that can do stuff like book-keeping, invoicing, payroll, etc.,
> that runs on Linux.

http://www.google.com/linux
Searched the web for "business software".

Post by Lee » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:28:40

> Hi:

> Would appreciate to know your views on good software to run a small
> business that can do stuff like book-keeping, invoicing, payroll, etc.,
> that runs on Linux.

> Thanks.

> Napi

I have been trying to compile a list of application suitable for SBE's,
have a look at the following that I have found so far.

http://calamar.sourceforge.net/
http://cdnpayroll.sourceforge.net/
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/269/
http://www.thekompany.com/products/kapital/

As you can see most of the links are from either sourceforge or
freshmeat, try searching on those and see if can find anything else.

Regards

Lee

Sql-ledger. <http://www.sql-ledger.org/>
--
John Hasler

Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, Wisconsin

Post by Robert Helle » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:26:27

  In a message on Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:20:58 +0000 (UTC), wrote :

MHA> Hi:
MHA>
MHA> Would appreciate to know your views on good software to run a small
MHA> business that can do stuff like book-keeping, invoicing, payroll, etc.,
MHA> that runs on Linux.

I use GnuCash for my bookkeeping.

I use*for all business correspondence: letters, invoices, bids,
etc.  I also use*for things like business proposals and such like
business documentation.  I have some Tcl scripts that work with a
postgreSQL database for auto-generating invoice/packing slips.  My
business web server runs Linux, as does my home/office desktop.

I have no employees, so payroll is not an issue for me.

MHA> Thanks.
MHA>
MHA> Napi
MHA>
MHA> --
MHA> http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. what's a good book about linux for small business?

I am looking for a book that focuses on Linux for a small business.
That is, the book should focus on things like Samba and network admin
for a relatively small network.

Also, I use Red Hat because that is what I am familar with so ideally
the book would come with the latest version of Red Hat as well.

Thanks.

--

Neil

2. solaris x86 questions

3. GPLed small business accounting software for Linux???

4. Deleting garbage from text file.

5. software assistance/small business

6. Afterstep running on Solaris 8

7. software for small business.

8. VPN Solution (IPSec, SKIP, etc)???

9. Small Business Accounting Software

10. MS and Linux in small business

11. Wich Linux version is best for a small business

12. Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 versus Linux comparison

13. Small businesses and Linux