486 motherboard with DX33 and double speed CD-ROM drive

486 motherboard with DX33 and double speed CD-ROM drive

Post by BOWEN JASON MICHA » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am getting rid of the remaing clutter in my room and maybe you can help
me.  Here is the home page for the motherboard:
http://www.concord.com.hk/product/coa921.htm
I tried running a DX4/100 and and a Pentium Overdrive 83 on it and had
nothing but timing problems.  The fastest chip it ran was a DX2/66.  There
is no cache on it.  The CD-ROM is a Creative Labs double speed with an
ISA controller card. I don't have any DOS/Windows drivers for it but I
have a 4 CD linux set with a large manual and I already have made copies
of the boot and root floppies for it.  This could be a cheap way for you
to learn about Linux/Unix or maybe a cheap way to set up a second system.
I am asking $40 plus shipping for it.  If you are interested email me at

486 motherboard with DX33 and double speed CD-ROM drive

Post by BOWEN JASON MICHA » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I forgot that I also have a Logitech Trackman Trackball to go with it.  It
has three buttons.  The $40 is for all three items.

: I am getting rid of the remaing clutter in my room and maybe you can help
: me.  Here is the home page for the motherboard:
: http://www.concord.com.hk/product/coa921.htm
: I tried running a DX4/100 and and a Pentium Overdrive 83 on it and had
: nothing but timing problems.  The fastest chip it ran was a DX2/66.  There
: is no cache on it.  The CD-ROM is a Creative Labs double speed with an
: ISA controller card. I don't have any DOS/Windows drivers for it but I
: have a 4 CD linux set with a large manual and I already have made copies
: of the boot and root floppies for it.  This could be a cheap way for you
: to learn about Linux/Unix or maybe a cheap way to set up a second system.
: I am asking $40 plus shipping for it.  If you are interested email me at

1. CDU33A double Speed CD-ROm drive unit

        Hello.  I am having trouble installing my new CDU33A double
speed CDROM drive .  I have compiled in support for:

        scsi cdrom
        scsi generic
        Sony CDU33A Driver

        Upon bootup, I get a loadup message from the sony driver
but the scsi (drivers?) report 0 cdroms found.  I would appreciate
any hints or help anyone can provide.

        Here is detailed information:

        CDROM interface uses memory address 340H.  No other interupt
or such information is available to me.

        Other connected devices are:

        Sound Blaster IRQ5 DMA1 220H
        ATI Mach 32   COM4 ---- 2E0-2EF
        COM1 (mouse)  IRQ4      3F8-3FF
        COM2 (modem)  IRQ3      2F8-2FF
        LP1(laserjet) IRQ7      378-37F

        When I switch the direction the cdrom interface is connected
the machine refuses to boot up? I am unsure of the correct direction.
No information was provided with adaptor.

-matt

2. Need hardware diagnostic program for Linux

3. Hitachi Double Speed CD-ROM Drive

4. Informix 7.3 on FreeBSD

5. Mitsumi FX001DE (ATAPI IDE) CD-ROM as THIRD hard drive on 486

6. Ethernet won't ping, can't figure out problem

7. Great News for Mitsumi Double Speed Cd-Rom Users!

8. ftp--What protection should be put on directories

9. Gateway Double Speed CD-ROM

10. Creative Labs IDE Double Speed CD-ROM

11. Mitsumi double speed cd-rom driver ?

12. Problems with Sony double speed CD-ROM

13. Configuration of a Mitsumi Double-Speed CD-ROM