grow inodes: inode-max limit reached error.

grow inodes: inode-max limit reached error.

Post by Reid Sutherlan » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I run a small shell service and now after about a week and always after cron
jobs by my users, I'm getting this error (which pretty much makes the
machine not usable): "grow inodes: inode-max limit reached". It looks like a
person's crontab job is opening up WAY too many files or soemthing over the
course of time. How do I prevent this from happening?

Debian 2.2 unstable - 2.2.14+lids+ow2

Thanks

-reid

grow inodes: inode-max limit reached error.

Post by Robie Bas » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:20:30 -0400, Reid Sutherland said:

Quote:>I run a small shell service and now after about a week and always after cron
>jobs by my users, I'm getting this error (which pretty much makes the
>machine not usable): "grow inodes: inode-max limit reached". It looks like a
>person's crontab job is opening up WAY too many files or soemthing over the
>course of time. How do I prevent this from happening?

See the Quota-HOWTO at linuxdoc.org.

Quote:

>Debian 2.2 unstable - 2.2.14+lids+ow2

>Thanks

>-reid

Robie.
--

1. grow-inodes: inode-max limit reached

Hi all,
Lately I had a weired message comes about 10 minutes after I reboot my linux
server!!
which is
grow-inodes: inode-max limit reached
and keeps going and going without an end..
The network seems to be working still, but this message fills my screen and
I can not use the computer!!
obviously it is serious..
Can someone help me out there??
thanks a lot!!

Hatem

2. can't kill X

3. kernel: grow_inodes: inode-max limit reached

4. Making GIMP (1.0.4)

5. kernel error : grow_inodes inodes max limit reached

6. *** HELP!!! I'm brand new with Linux and XFree86 and need advice. ***

7. inode overflow; c queue max run limit reached

8. Internal modem

9. inode-max missing?

10. 2.4.6 - where's inode-max?

11. I have filled up with inodes on /usr, can I change inode withour reinstall?

12. Bad blocks, inodes and .badblocks -> Make root inode 2

13. Question about deleting inode / drop inode