Papers due Nov 25 - USENIX 1998 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE

Papers due Nov 25 - USENIX 1998 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE

Post by Jackson Do » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

USENIX 1998 Annual Technical Conference
June 15-19, 1998, New Orleans, Louisiana

Manuscripts due November 25, 1997
Electronic Submissions due December 2, 1997

The 1998 USENIX Technical Conference Program Committee seeks
original and innovative papers about the applications,
architecture, implementation, and performance of modern computing
systems. Papers that analyze problem areas and draw important
conclusions from practical experience are especially welcome. Some
particularly interesting application topics are:

 ActiveX, Inferno, Java, and other embeddable environments
 Distributed caching and replication
 Extensible operating systems
 Freely distributable software
 Internet telephony
 Interoperability of heterogeneous systems
 Nomadic and wireless computing
 Privacy and security
 Quality of service
 Ubiquitous computing and messaging

A major focus of this conference is the challenge of technology:
What is the effect of commodity hardware on how we build new
systems and applications? What is the effect of next-generation
hardware? We seek original work describing the effect of hardware
technology on software. Examples of relevant hardware include but
are not limited to:

 Cheap, fast personal computers
 Cheap, large DRAM and disks
 Flash memory
 Gigabit networks
 Wireless networks
 Cable modems
 WebTV
 Personal digital assistants
 Network computers

The conference will also feature tutorials, invited talks, BOFs,
and Vendor Exhibits.

For more information about this event:

* Visit the USENIX Web site:
  http://www.usenix.org/events/no98/index.html

  message should contain the line:  "send usenix98 conferences".

* Or watch comp.org.usenix for full postings

USENIX is the Advanced Computing Systems Association.  Its members are
the computer technologists responsible for many of the innovations in
computing we enjoy today.  To find out more about USENIX, visit its
web site: http://www.usenix.org.

1. Papers Due Nov. 25 - USENIX 1998 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE

ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

USENIX 1998 Annual Technical Conference
June 15-19, 1998, New Orleans, Louisiana

===============================
Papers due:  November 25, 1997
===============================

[...]

The USENIX Association brings together the community of engineers,
system administrators, scientists, and technicians working on the
cutting edge of computing. Its technical conferences are the essential
meeting grounds for the presentation and discussion of the most
advanced information on new developments in all aspects of advanced
computing systems.

2. SCO FOX on Linux - Need iBCS?

3. Papers due Nov 25 - USENIX 1998 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE

4. Can't boot: Find module dependencies

5. Papers Due Nov 25 - USENIX 1998 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE

6. Sell me (or trade) a modem that works with linux!

7. Manuscripts Due Nov 25 - USENIX 1998 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE

8. Mount a NTFS-directory under linux

9. USENIX 1998 ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE - Call for Papers