Streaming Audio Server - howto?

Post by Rodney D. Myer » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 02:23:15

Is there any documentation that helps get a "streaming audio server" up
and running?

Streaming Audio Server - howto?

Post by Thomas Co » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 07:09:05

Quote:> Is there any documentation that helps get a "streaming audio server" up
> and running?

YoLinux:
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialAudioStreaming.html

MP3 HOWTO:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/MP3-HOWTO-11.html

Linux Journal:

-TC

Post by Michael Knig » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:07:43

Quote:> Is there any documentation that helps get a "streaming audio server" up
> and running?

Indeed there are several....

I have been using "edna" to stream mp3's over a web connection so I
can listen to them at work from my PC at home.

But I'll point you to the site someone pointed me to some time ago
(its where I found edna...)

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/linux/

Seems like you should be able to find what you are looking for under
the "Streaming Audio" directory.

Good Luck,

Michael

Streaming Audio Server - howto?

Post by Rodney D. Myer » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:43:36

Thanks to Thomas & Michael for their suggestions.

I have them printed out, and saved to look over.

Streaming Audio Server - howto?

Post by Bryant Taylo » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 02:57:44

Try IceCAST...

http://www.icecast.org

Quote:> Is there any documentation that helps get a "streaming audio server" up
> and running?

1. Streaming Windows Media Audio IN -> Streaming MP3 Out?

Hi all,

I would like to know whether there is currently any Linux program available
that will connect to an Internet radio station that broadcasts in streaming
Windows Media Audio (WMA) format over a broadband connection and will stream
the same broadcast out in Icecast, Shoutcast or Nanocaster streaming format?

Why do I want to do this?

I am considering purchasing an AudioTron ( www.audiotron.net ), which
includes functionality to listen to Icecast, Shoutcast or Nanocaster
streaming Internet radio stations.
Unfortunately, the radio station that I particularly like to listen to
streams in WMA format, so I am considering using one of my Linux machines to
connect to this station, buffer the stream and output it as an Icecast,
Shoutcast or Nanocaster stream onto my LAN.

If there is nothing available, I may well consider developing an application
myself. I would be interested in opinions on how feasible this might be and
whether there are currently any applications which have some of the
functionality already (i.e. something that allows you to listen to streaming
WMA, or that streams one of the other formats)?

Many thanks,

Ben

2. dentry leak in 2.5.x

3. Video Audio Streaming server as a relay

4. fsck help please

5. Is Linux a better OS for a streaming audio server?

6. What to put in bootable ramdisk?

7. Audio stream server --- HELP!!!

8. Floating-point discrepency under debian linux

9. audio streaming server & clients?

10. Can some one recommend streaming audio for RL server

11. Howto or Mini Howto - to replace your Windows NT server

12. Audio mixer for /dev/audio or USB audio?

13. Streaming audio