problems with ncurses.1.9.9e

Post by Sam Duckswort » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have successfully (i.e. without any errors or warnings) complied
ncurses.1.9.9e on my system and know it says my terminal does not support
color. the terminal being the Linux console. I got the termcapfix.txt from
sunsite. but that didn't fix it. The version before worked fine. Does

ps..i have updated to latest gcc compiler and libs and binutils.x.x.03 not
09

problems with ncurses.1.9.9e

Post by JimK Davi » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I have successfully (i.e. without any errors or warnings) complied
> ncurses.1.9.9e on my system and know it says my terminal does not support
> color. the terminal being the Linux console. I got the termcapfix.txt from
> sunsite. but that didn't fix it. The version before worked fine. Does

> ps..i have updated to latest gcc compiler and libs and binutils.x.x.03 not
> 09

Did you run tic on the ncurses-?.?.?/misc/terminfo.src file???  This
will build the terminfor dir (/usr/share/terminfo) that ncurses needs.
The docs could be more clear on this, but it's there.
--

                                          -=[ JimK Davis ]=-

problems with ncurses.1.9.9e

Post by T.E.Dicke » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: I have successfully (i.e. without any errors or warnings) complied
: ncurses.1.9.9e on my system and know it says my terminal does not support
: color. the terminal being the Linux console. I got the termcapfix.txt from
: sunsite. but that didn't fix it. The version before worked fine. Does

FAQ at

        http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Thomas E.*ey