reading dos files from floppy disk

Post by Rob Tur » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a tar file on a floppy disk that I downloaded onto my pc (win95)
and am trying to transfer to my notebook, which has linux on it, via a
flppy disk because I don't have any other connection between the
computers.  In the past, I've used the "dosread" and "doswrite" programs
on AIX to read files from DOS format, but when I've tried it on the
linux box neither of these programs are available.  I'm having a major
brain blockage that I would much appreciate alleviation of, preferrably
via e-mail if possible.  Thanks a million in advance.

--

Web Work    http://www.megalith.com

reading dos files from floppy disk

Post by Simon Barnar » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Use mtools, includes mdir, mcopy etc, doesn't require floppy to be
mounted

Post by Mark Hea » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00

: Use mtools, includes mdir, mcopy etc, doesn't require floppy to be
: mounted

Or if you like to mount the floppy:

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /floppy

(of course you need the vfat or msdos filesystem)

--
-- mark heath - Netspace Online Systems.  http://www.netspace.net.au/
Obnoxious Usenet Habits #94. Enrich the lives of thousands with a