Filemanager in RedHat Linux

Post by Moreng » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:50:36

Hello Folks !

I'm new to Linux (RedHat version 8) and thus have to ask the following:

How to I start the X-Window file manager from the Linux command shell
(program name)?
Also, how can I add that program to the RedHat start menu on the X-Win
desktop (KDE)?

Thanks in advance
                                      Morenga

Post by paul » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:53:30

> Hello Folks !

> I'm new to Linux (RedHat version 8) and thus have to ask the following:

> How to I start the X-Window file manager from the Linux command shell
> (program name)?

Just type its name e.g. 'konqueror', 'nautilus', etc.

Quote:> Also, how can I add that program to the RedHat start menu on the X-Win
> desktop (KDE)?

http://www-oss.fnal.gov/projects/fermilinux/611/adminclass/menu.full....

Remember, Google is your friend.
--
Paul S

Post by Jad Ziad » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:54:35

> Hello Folks !

> How to I start the X-Window file manager from the Linux command shell
> (program name)?
> Also, how can I add that program to the RedHat start menu on the X-Win
> desktop (KDE)?

Konqueror is bundled with KDE, which functions as a file manager.  There
should already be a link to konqueror in the Redhat menu.  It's probably
labeled "Home", "Home Folder", or something similar.  If it's not there,
you can add it by right-clicking the redhat symbol which will give an
option to edit the kmenu.

If you want to start it from the command line, type "konqueror", or try
"kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" which will open konqueror with the
file management profile that should already be there.

--
Jad Ziade
http://www.jadius.org

Filemanager in RedHat Linux

Post by Moreng » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:30:53

Thanks again

Morenga