WTD: Programs or templates to make up business cards

WTD: Programs or templates to make up business cards

Post by Stephen Anthon » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:40:28

I have some blank Avery business cards and envelope labels.  I was
wondering if there is some program that will let you make up business
cards or labels.

Or maybe there are some templates for Linux word-processors (koffice,
Staroffice, etc).  Even some templates for*would be nice.

Steve

WTD: Programs or templates to make up business cards

Post by Swif » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:35:48

On Sun, 09 Sep 2001 22:38:28 +0358, Stephen Anthony

>  I have some blank Avery business cards and envelope labels.  I was
>  wondering if there is some program that will let you make up business
>  cards or labels.
[ snip ]

http://www.veryComputer.com/~danforth/comp/cardtex.html
http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
  SwifT
  |- LUG : http://www.veryComputer.com/

WTD: Programs or templates to make up business cards

Post by Garglemonste » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:16:32

    Stephen> I have some blank Avery business cards and envelope
    Stephen> labels.  I was wondering if there is some program that
    Stephen> will let you make up business cards or labels.

    Stephen> Or maybe there are some templates for Linux
    Stephen> word-processors (koffice, Staroffice, etc).  Even some
    Stephen> templates for*would be nice.

there is a*package that does this.  it's called
bizcard. sooo... do a search for bizcard.sty.

g.m.

--

I'm also pre-POURED pre-MEDITATED and pre-RAPHAELITE!!

Post by Robert_ » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:30:18

>     Stephen> I have some blank Avery business cards and envelope
>     Stephen> labels.  I was wondering if there is some program that
>     Stephen> will let you make up business cards or labels.

>     Stephen> Or maybe there are some templates for Linux
>     Stephen> word-processors (koffice, Staroffice, etc).  Even some
>     Stephen> templates for*would be nice.

> there is a*package that does this.  it's called
> bizcard. sooo... do a search for bizcard.sty.

> g.m.

I've wondered this for a while to- the one in Star office doesn't work
for me.  I found a program called bizcard.dtx (and buzcard.ins)
(couldn't find bizcard.sty)
Not being a*user . . .What do you do with it ?
Thanks,
Robert_L
--
Registered linux user #214645

Post by Robert_ » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 04:40:42

>> for me.  I found a program called bizcard.dtx (and buzcard.ins)
>> (couldn't find bizcard.sty)
>> Not being a*user . . .What do you do with it ?
> You just run them through latex.  How you do that? Assuming an already
> working*environment all you have to do is
>*file

> If you are not a*user, it's going to be a bit more difficult for

Thanks.  I had a feeling you were going to say that.

Quote:> you. But I guess the package comes with example files. So just modify
> them with a text editor and run them through latex.
>*example
> xdvi example          # preview output for X11
> or
> dvisvga example               # preview output for VGA console
> dvips example         # produce postscript output
> lpr example.ps

Ok.  Another project for a rainy day- learn about the*program.

thanks again,
Robert_L

--
Registered linux user #214645