MS Natural Keyboard driver?

Post by Stephan N » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

The MS natural keyboard has got three keys that are not
supported by the standard keyboard driver, e.g. showkey
does NOT show a keycode if one of them is pressed.

Is there anyone who has programmed an extended keyboard driver
which delivers a keycode even if one of the new keys
is used?

(Please send me a mail, in addition to an answer here.)

MS Natural Keyboard driver?

Post by Karl Eichwald » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

[Stephan Noy]

|   The MS natural keyboard has got three keys that are not
|   supported by the standard keyboard driver, e.g. showkey
|   does NOT show a keycode if one of them is pressed.

It's all there since 1.1.xx (from 1.2.9):

~/$ grep MS /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/keyboard.c
#define E0_MSLW 125
#define E0_MSRW 126
#define E0_MSTM 127
  0, 0, 0, E0_MSLW, E0_MSRW, E0_MSTM, 0, 0,           /* 0x58-0x5f */

Perhaps X does not support these codes...  Ask Dirk.

--
                        |                             |  __     _ o

1. XFree86-4.0 + MS Natural Keyboard + MS IntelliMouse TrackBall

Hi,

I have just installed the XFree86-4.0 on my AMD K6-2 system.  I have
setup the XF86Config file to include the MS Natural Keyboard and the MS
IntelliMouse TrackBall, but the /var/log/xdm-errors file has shown some
problem with the XKB keymap as follows:

+++++
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
Removing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/ from the valid list of
fontpaths
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
+++++

Meanwhile the wheel on the IntelliMouse TrackBall does not function at
all.

Can anyone please e-mail to me the working XF86Config file for the MS
Natural Keyboard and the MS IntelliMouse TrackBall?

--

PS> Remove the "4" from e-mail address to respond.

2. problems with dosemu

3. MS Natural Keyboard Pro (w/extra keys) under USB?

4. Crack5 on HPUX

5. MS Natural Keyboard and Linux?

6. Network configuration problems

7. MS Natural Keyboard and Blue Keys

8. sleep(5) from telnet

9. MS Natural Keyboard Pro

10. MS Natural keyboard Pro

11. MS Natural keyboard on Blade 100

12. MicroSoft Natural Keyboard -- Driver?

13. Touch Typing (was Microsoft natural keyboard / Dvorak keyboard users)