cannot mount 3.5"cdrw

Post by Wong Ching Kuen Frederic » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:48:04

i cannot mount the cdrw, with "no medium found". but for 5.25", it's ok. i
can read both cd in windows. i use easy cd creator 4 to write. does anyone
have some suggestion for this?

1. 3.5" mounting hardware

        We've obtained most all of the parts necessary to install a 3.5" hard
drive in the lower internal bays of an RS/6000-550. After searching the
literature and talking to our CE and SE we came up with a list of about 7 part
numbers that seemed to cover all of the necessary components (IBM
apparently doesn't sell these as a package)...

        Evidently we missed a part number - and an important one at that...

        Would anyone happen to know the part number for the bracket that
attaches to a 3.5" hard drive that allows it to slide into the mounting
bracket in the lower bay (part # 42F6529)? Without that piece, the rest of
the mounting hardware is pretty much useless to us.

        Thanks for the help.

        Andrew Orndorff
        NHTSA Data Center, U.S. DOT

        UUCP:           ...!uunet!dcatlas!drewo

2. Installer does not detect video card (not an X issue)

3. How to enable mount 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive & to uncompress gz file in Linux ??

4. Q: ATI MACH 64 + SCO

5. [\"Frank J. Wancho\" <WANCHO@SIMTEL20.ARPA>: Autobaud Intel 320/Xenix 3.5 dialin?]

6. umask/ftp problem

7. PPP-2.3.5 "make" breaks !

8. Redhat 5.0 / 'who' dumping core

9. "lpr" (lp) to NT 3.5 Server?

10. adapter for 3.5" HDD to 5.25" bay, in USA

11. Format 5.25" >1.2MB, 3.5" >1.44MB

12. 5.25" to 3.5" O/S

13. Needing 3.5" version of a 5.25" OS ... without popping the hood??