Can a filter in LPRng change the jobname?

Can a filter in LPRng change the jobname?

Post by A. Lewenbe » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:57:50

I am using LPRng (version 3.8.2) under linux. I have two print queues
on the same server: queueA and queueB. I would like to have all jobs
submitted to queueA simply forwarded to queueB BUT with a _new_
jobname, dynamically created by a filter associated with queueA. Thus,
I want something like this to happen:

% lpr paper.txt
% lpq -PqueueA

 Rank   Owner/ID    Class Job Files        Size Time
active  root        A     8   paper.txt    39192 12:41:07

[And a second or so later...]

% lpq -PqueueB

 Rank   Owner/ID    Class Job Files        Size Time
active  sroot       A     8   rec3261      39192 12:41:07

Note how the jobname has changed from "paper.txt" to "rec3261".

I would settle for having the filter between queueA and queueB add a Z
line to control file. Then I could grab that line after the file
arrives at queueB and use that information to track the job.

1. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

Can anyone point me to a datafile of unsavory sites to use as a basis
for proxy filtering?  I imagine there are existing lists available that
a school, for example, could use as a starting point.  Where can I find
such a list?

Please reply to me personally as well as to the newsgroup since I need
this information quickly.

Thanks!
-Anita

--
Tenon Intersystems                                       805-963-6983

Santa Barbara, CA 93101                          http://www.tenon.com

2. aha1542 SCSI Kernel problems

3. HPDJ500C/LPRng/ifhp/apsfilter-LPRng

4. How do you check if characters are waiting to be read from stdin?

5. tc qdisc change and tc filter change

6. error in compiling pine 4.33

7. How do I change from lpd to LPRng?

8. Multi-booting with Linux question

9. Filters, Filters, where are you Filters...

10. How catch jobname in Solaris ?

11. It's not bad canned meat...

12. CGI: apache canned response