Mounted CDROM allways in uppper case!

Post by Sam Won » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi there

My redhat 5.1 CD installation media is windows Joliet format.
After I mounted it on , all the filename are uppercase.
So which parameters should I use in "mount"  in order to get lowercase
filename?

SOS...

Sam

Mounted CDROM allways in uppper case!

man mount under iso9660 options, see 'map' option

--
---

 Minneapolis, MN USA             |  http://www.visi.com/~tomw/
 Finger me for my PGP public key |

1. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

"That should do it.  I hope this was not to long an explaination, but
"I want you to have a fell for what you are doing before doing it.

"Now as to why...
"Most multitasking multiuser Operation system do not let users
"access the mount command.  Linux makes it possible for users
"to use the command, but doesn't give the privilage to automatically.
"Root has to set the priv on a per device basis.

   ... oh wow.  that was great.  thanks ...

"it's not what you see ,
 but in stead notice."

http://www.aniota.com/~twhite

2. hash tutorial / file indexing

3. 3c509b problem!

4. Mounting CDROM on HP-UX which supports long file name and mixed case

5. Vi change of second sid

6. Mount a cdrom case sensitive

7. Function Parameter Passing Error?

8. mount /mnt/cdrom ==> mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as a block device

9. mount CD or mounted files in upper case

10. only root can mount /dev/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom