[Fwd: IBM,SUN Netscape alliance for the Java Porting and Tuning Center and Linux]

Post by Pagonis Joh » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

--------------43F857DB547C139561014CDC

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 05:36:28 +0300

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: IBM,SUN Netscape alliance for the Java Porting and Tuning Center and Linux

 The following is from my personal communication with  Lisa Poulson from
SUN Eng.

Quote:

>  From the IBM,SUN Netscape alliance release notes:

> At the same time, the Java Porting and Tuning Center will
> begin work on the next release of the JDK, to create
>  extremely high performance Java implementations. The
>  companies have set a goal of delivering these
>   implementations concurrently on all major platforms during
>   the second quarter of 1998.

> Hi...I have one simple question.....is Linux part of the "major
> platforms".....????

I believe that's TBD.

Quote:

> thank you for your time

> John.

As Lisa later explained....TBD means ..To Be Determined......As she replied later...

Lisa >

to be determined.  I really don't have many details on the JP&TC
at this point.

she'll be managing it for us

lp

EndLisa<

  This as you understand..is a very important issue.........
   JP&TC project means is very important to the JAVA/Web world as well
as to the OS world.......
   It can lead to less M$ reliance........and more power for
Linux........
    I reccomend to you all to visit SUN's site and try to find more abou
it .....as well as push for the inclusion
    of the Linux OS in this project..........it can mean alot...

John

--------------43F857DB547C139561014CDC--