term cps stats

Post by Bill McCart » Thu, 11 Aug 1994 20:47:19

Hiya:

Seems like a lot of folks are using term, m'self included. I was wondering...
how prectical is it to get some kind of stat chart on term ver, modem, line
speed, modem setup, comm prog, term config - line cmds or termrc, and cps
rates? Would this be a waste of bandwidth? Some folks over on compssysibmpc
hardwarechips - I think - did something like this w/ mb configs and basic
test specs. I'd be interested to know what other folks have set up and how
they are doing, and doing it. ust a thought. Any suggestions? Result coould
be added to the Term-HOWTO? In the meantime, anyone using term at 9600? What
is your connection like? How're cps rates? FWIW.

Bill McCarthy

"Isn't it pretty to think so."
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT\__Jake Barnes___________________________
LinuX + i486dx2/66
usual disclaimer

term cps stats

Post by Christopher M. M » Fri, 12 Aug 1994 01:43:24

: Hiya:

: Seems like a lot of folks are using term, m'self included. I was wondering...
: how prectical is it to get some kind of stat chart on term ver, modem, line
: speed, modem setup, comm prog, term config - line cmds or termrc, and cps
: rates? Would this be a waste of bandwidth? Some folks over on compssysibmpc

The variables involved are fairly high.  The results, however are fairly
constant, IMO.  If you really want to compile this kind of info, you
should post a template where people can fill in the blanks and send you
a completed form.  Then you can summarize and post the results.  This
would conserve bandwidth.

--

-Chris May, Computer Science, University of MA, Amherst
-       Technical Assistant, P.C. Maintenance Lab

1. Term and maximizing CPS rate

Allright!  I finally got term to work correctly.  Now I want to maximize it and
fine tune it!  What are the best CPS rates that you have seen with term and what
settings did you use?

I also want to thank everyone for being patient and helpful!

Jeffrey Frey

2. problem with extended partition

3. TERM STATS 8/14/94

4. Linux won't detect my modem!

5. Urgent: "lpc stat" and "lpc stat lj02" gives different result

6. Xpaint for sunos or solaris/2

7. Wrong time from stat.st_atime using stat()

8. m4 questions

9. /proc/stat does not show disk_io stats for all IDE d isks

10. /proc/stat does not show disk_io stats for all IDE disks

11. strange runtime problem: struct stat, sys/stat.h

12. LISP-STAT (or XLISP-STAT) under Linux?

13. using stat from sys/stat.h