This is driving me crazy. I've built PHP 3.0.16 from source and I'm
trying to get it to work with Apache 1.3.9 (as delivered in the
apache-1.3.9-8.rpm). I've followed the instructions in the PHP
documentation, including the must-read RedHat instructions (which don't
seem to apply in my case since I'm not using RPMs for PHP) and it simply
does not work (apache won't start.)
I've built PHP as a DSO and I have:
LoadModule php3_module libexec/libphp3.so
in my /etc/http/http.conf file.
When I try to start apache I get, "httpd: httpd startup succeeded" on
the console but it does not in fact start (there is no httpd process.)
If I remove:
Then I at least get, "[error] Cannot remove module mod_php3.c: not found
in module list" and Apache won't start. If I remove, "LoadModule
php3_module..." then apache starts
I did have PHP4, beta1 installed but have since removed it from any
configuration file and from the apache modules directory. PHP4
installed and ran with no problem. I thought perhaps that something
from PHP4 was still lying around causing my problem, but I haven't been
able to find anyting.
httpd -l reports:
Someone please beat me with a cluestick.