Adaptec 1522 & NEC 210 running?

Post by Laurentiu Rus » Thu, 14 Jul 1994 00:15:19

Is anyone out there in the Linux world running the NEC 210 off an
Adaptec 1522? If yes would you let me know how?

Thanks!
Larry

1. Adaptec 1522 & NEC CDR-210 working under Linux?

As the subject says, are the AHA1522 and NEC 2x CDR-210 working together
under Linux?
They work fine under DOS with parity and syncronous operation disabled.
However, Linux just hangs at boot up when it gets to checking the CD-ROM
drive. I've been using the AHA1522 with a SCSI hard disk with no
problems for about 9 months.

At boot time, after it checks the hard disk, it tries to check the CD-ROM
and it hangs. Also, the SCSI messages in Linux tell me that the parity is
enabled even though I disabled it on the card. The NEC CDR-210 doesn't
support parity. Is that the problem? If so, how do I tell Linux that I
want the parity disabled? And yes, I did recompile the kernel with SCSI
CD-ROM option enabled.

If you use these 2 together would you please tell me your setup.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Larry

2. PowerGraph VL-24 , some progress but need more help...

3. HELP : SB16 ASP SCSI 2 & NEC CDR 210 & LINUX

4. Howto "loop" redirection?

5. Adaptec 1505 SCSI adapter and NEC CDR-210

6. c menu program (#2)

7. NEC CDR-210 with Adaptec 1520

8. Mounting a Zip drive?

9. Adaptec 1505 SCSI adapter and NEC CDR-210

10. Help with Slackware install, Adaptec 1522, NEC 3x cdrom

11. NEC 3Xi and Adaptec AHA-1522 recognition problem

12. Pro Sonic 16 & NEC 2Xi (210)

13. AHA1522 & NEC CDR:210 = lost chars ?