SMB printing to an Epson Stylus Color

Post by root » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

As the subject says, I've got an Epson Stylus color hooked to an NT box
on the network and a local linux dot-matrix.  The matrix is fine for 90%
of the work, but I would like to be able to print to the epson ( like
for my Mathematica school stuff).  I heard that you could setup
ghostscript to print to the stylus locally, but how would I do it over
the net to an SMB machine?

Thanks for any help
Stan Mathis

Please reply to email:

1. SMB printing with Epson Color Stylus

I have been scanning all the documentation and none seem to have any
information on how to setup an Epson Color Stylus as an SMB printer.  I
use the RedHat 4.2 print tool from the control panel to add the SMB
printer.  From there I fill in all the info..but when trying to get a
correct driver, I get stuck.  The ESC is not on the list, and even when
I pick a generic color printer and fill in the supposed gs arguments to
work with the ESC, it does not work.  I can print raw text, so that's
not the problem, but I can't get anything beyond that...please help.

Stan Mathis

2. skip X-windows

3. Epson Stylus Color 800: Problems with Color Printing

4. /etc/services

5. Getting Epson Stylus Color ESC/P2 to print color

6. "chat" just times out! Help.

7. Color printing with Epson Stylus Color printer ???

8. Joystick Control of CD Audio

9. Printing with an Epson Stylus Color 400

10. Epson Color Stylus printing problems

11. Printing to Epson Stylus Color 800 on network, XP host

12. GS Color printing with Epson Stylus 600

13. Printing on Epson Stylus Color 600